Taxi fare st. Lucia

BUCKSALUMNI09

• 2 weeks later...

We're looking for the same information except there are 5 in our party. Is it possible to get a taxi to the RAinforest Aerial Tram Adventure? I think this is the same company that RCCL uses for their zipline excursion on St. Licia but it would probaly be less expensive depending on the taxi cost to do on our own.

Cheryl

4 of us are coming into St. Lucia on Carnival and looking for the same info - cost to get from port to Rainforest Aerial Tram. Help! We thought about renting a car but then saw posts about how treacherous it was. Bus? Taxi? Private driver? Has anyone done this trip on their own?

• 3 months later...

It is definitely cheaper to avoid the cruise line excursions whenever possible. It is about a half hour drive from downtown Castries to the Rain Forest Aerial Trams site in Chassin (Babboneau).

I would definitely avoid renting a car on this island as they drive on the left side and some of the roads are difficult to navigate.

I haven't been able to find good detailed info on cab fares from the Castries piers to the site as it appears that most people, who make their own arrangements, usually book with with one of the local tour operators on St. Lucia and they include round-trip transportation to the site as part of their fee. There is more info on my blog (see address below) if you want to check out info on some of the tour operators.

Since the ship's tours go there as well, you want to make sure you get there ahead of the tour and beat the crowds.

I emailed several Taxi services in St. Lucia and I've gotten a few responses so far.

A & M Taxi & Touring Service - quoted 80 USD return 2 people, which I believe means round trip

A 2 Z Taxi Service, North Lime Taxi Association (both had same email listed) - quoted 30 USD for 1-3 people, without more info I am assuming return would be 30 USD more

Ben's Taxi Service, West Coast Jeeps and Taxi Services Ltd (both had same email listed)- quoted 80 USD return 2 people,and 20 for each additional person

If I get more email response I'll be sure to post them. But at even the cheapest rate so far it would be the same price as the cruise line . Tranopy from the rain forest website is 85 USD and 60 for Taxi would be 230 for 2 people, and RC is advertising 117 pp for 234 total. I guess you could plan around the crowd on your own though.

Archived