Pride Cabin 7299

noblepa

My wife and I are booked on the Carnival Pride next March. We want to book a category 9B cabin. According to my TA, the only ones currently available are 7299, 8235 and 8237. I know that more may become available later, as large TA's return unsold cabins to inventory.

I don't want to be on deck 8, amidships, because of the proximity to the Lido pool area. I think it might be too noisy.

According to the deck plans, which I know are not drawn to scale, 7299 is an irregular shape, but it appears to be even larger than the normal 9B cabins. Specifically, it looks wider. The only potential drawback is that it is behind a pair of elevators.

Being close to the elevators is both good and bad. Its good, because we won't have to walk far to get to one. It could be bad due to either the noise of the elevators themselves, or the rowdy passengers waiting to board the elevator.

Has anyone had one of these cabins? 7299 and 7301 appear to be very similar.

Any ideas? Should we avoid these cabins or are they unsung "diamonds in the rough"?

My wife and I are booked on the Carnival Pride next March. We want to book a category 9B cabin. According to my TA, the only ones currently available are 7299, 8235 and 8237. I know that more may become available later, as large TA's return unsold cabins to inventory.

I don't want to be on deck 8, amidships, because of the proximity to the Lido pool area. I think it might be too noisy.

According to the deck plans, which I know are not drawn to scale, 7299 is an irregular shape, but it appears to be even larger than the normal 9B cabins. Specifically, it looks wider. The only potential drawback is that it is behind a pair of elevators.

Being close to the elevators is both good and bad. Its good, because we won't have to walk far to get to one. It could be bad due to either the noise of the elevators themselves, or the rowdy passengers waiting to board the elevator.

Has anyone had one of these cabins? 7299 and 7301 appear to be very similar.

Any ideas? Should we avoid these cabins or are they unsung "diamonds in the rough"?

We have been in cabin 7299 on the Legend (and have it booked again for next year). We LOVED it. We didn't hear any elevator noise. We heard an occasional "loud talker" going down the hall, but really didn't hear any noise from those waiting to get on the elevators. I agree that deck 8 would be a second choice because of lido deck noise. (However, we have been in cabin 8232, that's the one with the really long balcony, and it really wasn't that bad.)

Cabin 7299 is as wide as an OS cabin. It has the special touches of the suites such as granite counters and special lighting. What it doesn't have compared to the suites is a separate dressing area. There is an extra closet, though. The bathroom is basically set up the same as a regular cabin. Cabin 7301 has a different layout, but is just as large and has the same extras. Sorry I don't have any photos loaded. Search on webshots and you will find some.

When we just booked our next Legend cruise, we thought about booking a suite but decided on 7299 again. Hope this helps.

Dawn

Thanks. That helps a lot. The Legend is the same class as the Pride (Spirit class) and has a nearly identical deck plan. I think its safe to assume that your experience on the Legend would be similar to the Pride.

Of course, no two cruises are ever exactly the same. But its nice to hear from someone who has been in that cabin.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
We have been in cabin 7299 on the Legend (and have it booked again for next year). We LOVED it. We didn't hear any elevator noise. We heard an occasional "loud talker" going down the hall, but really didn't hear any noise from those waiting to get on the elevators. I agree that deck 8 would be a second choice because of lido deck noise. (However, we have been in cabin 8232, that's the one with the really long balcony, and it really wasn't that bad.)

Cabin 7299 is as wide as an OS cabin. It has the special touches of the suites such as granite counters and special lighting. What it doesn't have compared to the suites is a separate dressing area. There is an extra closet, though. The bathroom is basically set up the same as a regular cabin. Cabin 7301 has a different layout, but is just as large and has the same extras. Sorry I don't have any photos loaded. Search on webshots and you will find some.

When we just booked our next Legend cruise, we thought about booking a suite but decided on 7299 again. Hope this helps.

Dawn

Hi Dawn.

I really need your help!

We're booked in 7299 on the Legend. We love big balconies. 8232 just came open. The balcony looks bigger and there's noone next to that cabin on one side.

I'm wondering which of the two you'd choose and why?

Thanks so much.

We booked 7212 on the Pride for August.. We changed from deck 8 not knowing that we would be under the pool.. I asked a question here regarding being right outside the elevators and noise being a concern.. There were a ton of people who said being by the elevators is not loud, but very nice being able to walk out your door and be right there.. ;)

Hi Dawn.

I really need your help!

We're booked in 7299 on the Legend. We love big balconies. 8232 just came open. The balcony looks bigger and there's noone next to that cabin on one side.

Thanks so much.

Hi 63galaxie,

I just posted to your other thread about the cabins. Bottom line is we prefer 7299. Let me know it you have any more questions.

Dawn

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
I have been in cabin 7299 and loved it. The larger size was nice, the balcony was bigger and it was the decor was nice like the OS but not paying the OS price. Loved it so much, have booked it again.

Did the room have a mini-fridge?

Hi Dawn.

I really need your help!

Thanks so much.

I know Dawn responded to you but I want to agree 7299 is a bigger cabin and the balcony is big, just not as long. 7299 isn't under Lido either!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...