Amerusuites Fll 17th St. Shuttle?

amy hood

In the past I have read threads where people were crowding and pushing when using the shuttle from the hotel to the port. Has anyone been lately? Do they take reservation? We are staying pre-cruise of the Thanksgiving Week and have a party of 9 ranging from 2- 13 yearolds up to 2- 70+ grandmothers. I am concerened about this. Also what time is the first run? Maybe we should wait until the 2nd or third run.

I know we can hops a few cabs but worried about getting sperated.

Thanks in advance!:)

We stayed in the Amerisuites in November. We had about an hour wait for the shuttle to the port (0nly about a 10 minute wait from the airport to the hotel). No one was pushing, everybody waited their turn. They took the "wedding" people first thing in the morning as they were getting married @ 1pm. Everybody else just visited & made new friends while we were waiting. We did not have a problem at all. You cannot make a reservation.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there in December for our Cruise on the Summit and the shuttle was the best part of the experience. Waited 2 minutes and we were off to the port. No line up. This hotel is old and the mold was quite visible from the air conditioning system. The hotel is extremely run down. Personally I would never stay there again.

Bequia is right; however we were there on December 12 and didn't have a problem getting the shuttle. We lingered over coffee and didn't rush to be the first group out the door either.

As to the comment about the hotel being very run down, I have no idea what that poster was referring to. We paid $103/night, left our car there for a10 days, had a perfectly adequate continental breakfast, clean comfortable room, and excellent service. We thought it was a good value. The next time I cruise from Ft. Lauderdale, I'll stay there again as we have several times in the past.

Archived