Coconuts Bar?

RICKnVICK

I am wondering about this bar on the far side of Cozumel. Has anyone experienced it? And if so, what do you think and what would be your recommendation for getting there. Our group is wanting to try something different the next time we go. Thanks for any information!!!

Vicki

This is a great place to hang out. The view is terrific! They have hammocks. We rented a car and Coconuts was one of our stops for the day. There are several other little bars on the East side that you might want to check out also.

We hired a taxi. He took us over there for $20 and came back and picked us up several hours later for $20. We paid him $10 for the return trip before he left us over there. If you are going to drink, I recommend hiring a taxi/driver and not renting a car because the drinks are STRONG...and this is coming from someone who has been drinking TexMex margaritas for years...these were STRONG! I only had two, and slept in the taxi all the way back to the condo!

We hired a taxi. He took us over there for $20 and came back and picked us up several hours later for $20. We paid him $10 for the return trip before he left us over there. If you are going to drink, I recommend hiring a taxi/driver and not renting a car because the drinks are STRONG...and this is coming from someone who has been drinking TexMex margaritas for years...these were STRONG! I only had two, and slept in the taxi all the way back to the condo!
That's cheaper than most car rentals and definitely safer if you plan on drinking.

I like Coconuts too.

Here are some photos:

Highest point in Cozumel

coconuts2.jpg

coconuts4.jpg

coconuts5.jpg

coconuts7.jpg

We went to Mr. Sanchos first and then later we got a taxi that took us around the island(the outskirts) on the way to Coconut's. They have beautiful beaches on the other side and we passed some other stops (Bob Marleys,etc,) It was only about $20. We gave him a big tip though for showing us different beaches and letting us take pics. He waited for us while we were in Coconuts. It was awesome!!!

Archived