Carnival Legend Balcony 7A

booboo4031

The Carnival Legend has a category 7A which shows as 'obstructed' .. has anyone ever sailed in one of these cabins or seen how 'obstructed' they are?? They appear to be mostly on the upper deck (5). I would assume that they are not so obstructed that you can't go out on your balcony. Any info would be appreciated.:)

We were on the Legend for the 1/6/05 cruise. We had originally booked a 4A guaranteed inside room. We were upgraded at embarkation to cat. 7A cabin 5182. They say it is partially obstructed,but you just look out over the lifeboats. The lifeboats are below the balcony railing. You cant look down,but you can look over the lifeboats and see the beautiful ocean. Great cabin. Looikng to book same cabin for cruise next Jan. on the Legend.\

Have fun.

Joe

Was upgraded on the Spirit last year from a 1a guarantee to a 7a. I thought the cabin was great. The view wasnt bad at all and heck, for what I paid for this single cabin (sailed solo), I would have been happy in the broom closet. Just so you, all the 9 other single passengers at my table were all upgraded to the 7a and we were all next to each other. I was in cabin 5230. Once again the obstruction was mimimal.

Enjoy!!!

Hi,

We were in 5183 (I think) but like the above poster said - the tenders are smaller plus there was a space in between the lifeboats so we could see down - couldn't see a whole lot but could see the water! It is better than a 6A for sure! you can see - the only thing eye level might be a wire. One thing to note if you do stay in one of these rooms - they do at times work on the tenders so do NOT keep your balcony doors unlocked!!!! Just an FYI! Good luck!

Terri

• 2 weeks later...

I've rebooked from my 6a to a 7a and am in 5170.... from the advice from the above posts I think I've landed in a good place. I'm more than 3 lifeboats back from the front and my ta kept me on the port side of the ship so when we are in port, i'll be facing the port.

Unfortunately, what your travel agent told you just isn't true.

It entirely port dependent and I don't know how anyone could possibly predict where you'll end up with respect to which side gives you the better view.

For example, you could easily end up on the opposite side of a pier with a another ship beside you and most of what you'd be seeing would be another ship. Also, some ports also have piers / docks that are perdendicular to each other and you have no way of reliably knowing beforehand which one you'll be docking at or whether you'll be backing in or pulling in. Add in other cruise ships that will be in the port that particular day and who knows where and which way you'll end up with respect to the port...

QUOTE=booboo4031]I've rebooked from my 6a to a 7a and am in 5170.... from the advice from the above posts I think I've landed in a good place. I'm more than 3 lifeboats back from the front and my ta kept me on the port side of the ship so when we are in port, i'll be facing the port.

Archived