cruising newbie, lots of questions about Carnival Pride

closure

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums and to cruising so please, please forgive me if I'm asking repeat questions. I know how it could be annoying when people repeatedly ask the same questions.

We, my fiance and I, just booked our first cruise with Carnival for the Carnival Pride. We did early saver and did it ourselves, no TA. Being a complete newbie we went with what the Carnival people suggested for our cabin. We are booked on the main deck in the middle basically with an unobstructed balcony. Is it bad on the main deck? For example, loud?

We probably should have done more research, but were super excited about our honeymoon and just booked.

Any tips and pics of rooms you can show us...I've seen the one standard balcony room pic they have on their page.

Tips on Baltimore? We've never been there either and we don't know if we should stay overnight there before the cruise and where, etc.

I guess I'm just looking for any info you can give. lol. I've been looking around the forums, but I figured if people who have been on the same ship reply in one thread it might be easier to take in.

We too LOVE the Pride. Went on her last year through the Panama Canal. You will have a great time - main deck should be good - check the floors above and below you for possible issues relating to noise - but I m sure you are going to have a great time. Check out our pics as well.

Oh, and welcome aboard Cruise Critic!

Loz

Yes, come in the night before to Baltimore. It is always better to be in early. You did not say what month you are going.

We went on the Pride out of Baltimore last July. I will try to get a picture.

We had a regular balcony.

We are going again in a week. This time we have an aft wrap suite. It is our first suite.

You will love the Pride. Good food, good activities, and good entertainment.

Go to the roll call boards to get more info.

Baltimore is a great port to leave from. We went last August and did go down the day before. Most of the hotels in the area have a park and cruise package. We left our car at the hotel and took their shuttle to the port. When we returned we called and the car was waiting for us when we cleared customs.

The Pride is such a nice ship. Easy to find your way around. We are going again on Aug. 1 with extended family and just can't wait!

Click on the search button, and select "advanced search" - and then use Pride as the search term, but select it to search threads, rather than posts, and you will get a lot of threads that talk in depth about the ship!

One suggestion - read the threads or do a google search and you will find hotels in Baltimore that will give free parking for the week as well as a shuttle to/from port if you stay there the night before! You will save on parking costs and have one extra vacation night! One of the hotels is in the Fels area (spelling?) which is historic baltimore near harbor - a fantastic location.

Also, when is your cruise? You might still have the opportunity to switch cabins. Post your cabin number and let your fellow cruise critics help you identify if there are any concerns, or, as others have said, examine the decks above and below to make sure you aren't above or beneath a noisy area.

The Pride is wonderful!! We were on her in January. You are going to love it!

I have a link to my review posted down below in my signature line if you would like to read it... there are pictures too.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! :)

I am taking a bunch of friends with my next year on the Pride and none of them has ever cruised before. Because of this and because I am extremely anal-retentive, I typed them up a 15 page document on what to expect when they cruise, that included links to menus and obstructed balconies, since they have one booked too.

If you send me an email to jenarg26@gmail.com, I'd be happy to share it with you... as long as you promise not to laugh at me. LOL My friends are used to me but I can only wonder what a "stranger" would think after reading this.

In any case, I'd be happy to share it with you if you would like to see it. Just keep in mind that it is all based on my opinions and personal experiences.

:)

You're going to get hooked on cruising (the good news) -- but the bad news is you'll forever be spoiled by the incredibly easy embarkation in Baltimore! By far the easiest and most pleasant I've ever seen.

ENJOY!

First I'm glad to see others have booked the same cruise again. We went last Sept and we're going again this year. Loved it. Luckily we live about 45 minutes from the Port. I have read that Staying at the Hampton Inn in White Marsh is good and has the Shuttle to and from port. Lots to do in Baltimore. When are you going on your cruise?

Oh yeah, Hampton Inn is right off of I95 which is on the way to the Port.

If you have a day or two to spare, you might want to also do a mini vacation in Baltimore. The harbor area is great. Lots of shops, restaurants and the marina, etc. Also, on one of my trips I enjoyed the Walters museum. Your hotel would be able to tell you how to get there, or grab you a cab.

I'm taking my second voyage on the Pride 3 weeks before you. Hmmm, nice decor for honeymooners ;).

Check out the deck plans for the decks above and below you if you have any concerns about noise. seauonboard dot com has a list of cabins that some have had complaints about.

Have a fantastic honeymoon! and congratulations!

Archived