Freedom and Liberty of the Seas - What is different about them?

kelzer

Hi

We are just off the LOS and today booked a trip next March on the FOS. This cruise thing certainly seems to be addictive! I know that they are sister ships but am just curious if there are any differences (eg. decor; quality of entertainment; service....) Any observations much appreciated (just helps fuel the anticipation and excitement).

The bedding colors ;) I think one is blue, the other is green. :D

When we did Indy (I know it's not Liberty) after Freedom, it was like coming home. Yes, the crew was different, but we just knew our way around the ship already.

The crews change up so much already anyway that even if you did the SAME ship, odds are your experience will be different.

There is a bigger difference between Indy and Freedom/Liberty. So for you to do Liberty then Freedom -- you won't notice much of a difference. :) They are both FABULOUS ships. :D:D

The primary difference is the age. Freedom is the oldest Freedom Class ship. Another difference is the home port. Other differences include slightly different art and sculpture. I think both ships have the chrome bulldog in the prominade near the circular staircase heading down by the Prominade Cafe/coffee shop but the Independence does not have the bulldog. I forget what, if anything they substituted. The sculptures at the Viking Crown lounge are different too. I liked Freedom's the best.

The prominade antique car is different on each ship too and Oasis. The theater curtains have a different design, but enough alike that the same designer miust have styled them. (I don't think any two RCI ships have the exact same theater curtains.) The ice skating show will be different.

As I recall, the Windjammer has a slightly different seating arrangement than Liberty, but I am not 100% certain.

We've sailed all three Freedom Class ships. They are beautiful and I wouldn't hesitate to book any one of the three. I am sure you will enjoy Freedom and Port Canaveral is a nice port.

Hi

We are just off the LOS and today booked a trip next March on the FOS. This cruise thing certainly seems to be addictive! I know that they are sister ships but am just curious if there are any differences (eg. decor; quality of entertainment; service....) Any observations much appreciated (just helps fuel the anticipation and excitement).

This is a great question and one that I have been wondering about myself...thank you for asking! I will be interested in other responses as we sailed on LOS in March 2009 and will be on FOS for the first time in January 2011. :)

The ships are the same....some decor may be different colors, but the ships are the same. The only major difference I noticed was the port. Port Canaveral was better then Miami. I was in line in Miami for about 2 hours from check in until we were onboard the ship. In Port Canaveral it was about 40 minutes total.

Archived