Suite perks

kailan

This is my first post, so forgive me if this question is inappropriate, but I was wondering, if my family of five is booked in an AB Penthouse Suite and my mom and sister are across the hall in an inside cabin, what ,if any of our perks can they take advantage of? I know officially none, but realistically... I was told by NCL that they could have priority embarkation/disembarkation with us, does anyone have experience with this? What about dining in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch? Seating in the shows?

TIA!

I've heard of people asking the concierge if they could occasionally have guests at Cagney's. As for the show seating, that's only for the Courtyard Villas (A4 & A3s), Owners Suites (AA and A2), and the Garden Villas (A1). This doesn't include the Penthouses, which includes the ABs.

Yes, you can ask the concierge if she could eat with you for breakfast and lunch and if at all possible I think they will let you at least some of the time. Just be prepared that they may not be able to accomodate. I do believe she would be able to join for embark/disembark and priority tendering. To tell the truth the seating for the shows is not a great perk really. On the Pearl this year we did use it once but to tell the truth we got better seats when we found them ourselves.

Have a great cruise! :D

I had a Courtyard Villa suite back in July on the Jewel for 12 nights.

We had our friends have breakfast with us even though they were not in a Suite. We got to take them with us to one of the shows, and when we were excorted off the ship for shore excursions, they were allowed to meed us in Cagneys and get off with us.

I think the trick is to take care of you concerge up front ($) and on the back.

You don't have to, but it works for me.;)

I've heard of people asking the concierge if they could occasionally have guests at Cagney's. As for the show seating, that's only for the Courtyard Villas (A4 & A3s), Owners Suites (AA and A2), and the Garden Villas (A1). This doesn't include the Penthouses, which includes the ABs.

This is not true, unless the rules have changed since I cruised on the Dawn in January. The AB penthouses are given the special seating because we stayed in one and got the seating via the Concierge.

This is not true, unless the rules have changed since I cruised on the Dawn in January. The AB penthouses are given the special seating because we stayed in one and got the seating via the Concierge.

While it may not be true on certain ships, it is true for Jewel class ships.

Not true for all ships different on the Sun and Spirit--be careful--NCL has different class ships. We have been in penthouses on the Sun and spirit an had priority seating for the shows.

BG

It seems that allowing others into Cagney's can vary somewhat from ship to ship, so please don't count on it for every meal. I understand that some non-suite passengers are given this perk as VIPs, don't know how this is determined and whether the numbers vary. But please understand that the suite perks are, first and foremost, for those passengers who are paying for them. If many try to bring in a few extras, think of the chaos, and the delay for the true suite passengers. After all, someone paying for an inside cabin has a fare way below your AB penthouse, it doesn't really make sense that they should get all the same advantages.

I understand that the suite perks are for paying suite customers and that the price for an inside cabin is far less than my AB suite, I booked the cabin for them. I am only asking because I don't want us to have two separate vacations simply because we get some perks. I won't embark and disembark without them as we are traveling together. I also don't want to not take advantage of any the perks that we are paying for, so I am looking for a happy medium. :)

I understand that the suite perks are for paying suite customers and that the price for an inside cabin is far less than my AB suite, I booked the cabin for them. I am only asking because I don't want us to have two separate vacations simply because we get some perks. I won't embark and disembark without them as we are traveling together. I also don't want to not take advantage of any the perks that we are paying for, so I am looking for a happy medium. :)

Since you booked the cabins. Make sure they are linked in the computer and that will help.

When you check in and meet the Concierge, ask about Cagneys and such.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

I'm curious as to how this will play out on the Epic which has many more suites given access to the Courtyard area. When we were in a CYV on the Jade, my mother and her husband were in an oceanview but we invited them up to the courtyard a few times to hang out with us and use the hot tub/pool/sundeck and no one said anything as the courtyard was generally always empty. We never tried to bring them to Cagney's as we only ate there for breakfast once ourselves.

On our upcoming Epic trip we are in an Owner's Suite which is part of the Courtyard complex but the people we are traveling with will be in inside and balcony cabins. We will definitely be having them up to our room to hang out since it's so big and perfect for entertaining, but I wonder if we'll be allowed to show them around the Courtyard area. With around 200-250 people now having access to the Courtyard if they were all to bring in friends from other parts of the ship it could get very crowded (I'm worried already that it will be with the people who are supposed to be there). I wonder if they will be requiring people to show keycards to enter the courtyard and will be restricting to suite guests only.

I can see both sides of this issue as I want to be able to hang out with my friends in these special areas that come with our cabin, but also don't want to contribute to a crowded atmosphere that impacts other guests' experiences.

I am guessing that breakfast/lunch at Cagney's is gone on the Epic since there is now The Epic Club exclusively for the Courtyard suites. Again, with the higher number of guests allowed to go there I imagine they will be strictly enforcing who dines there and people will not be allowed to bring guests from other parts of the ship.

We were on the Spirit on the March 7th sailing and when we checked in the Concierge told us up front we were the only ones allowed to use Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. We did not ask for any special favors, we had a connecting balcony and an inside cabin also booked with the same credit card. We were only one of two or three couples in Cagney's the few mornings that we ate there and I know what you mean about not wanting to eat without your family, we only did it when the rest of the family were running later then us and then we would meet up with them to get off the ship. I have read that others take up to eight of their friends to eat ect..., and I guess it depends on who the Concierge is, but be prepared so you won't be disappointed. I hope you enjoy your cruise and don't let not using all of your perks bother you, it seems like kind of a waste at times not to use them, but it isn't a deal breaker if you know what to expect.

I'm curious as to how this will play out on the Epic which has many more suites given access to the Courtyard area. When we were in a CYV on the Jade, my mother and her husband were in an oceanview but we invited them up to the courtyard a few times to hang out with us and use the hot tub/pool/sundeck and no one said anything as the courtyard was generally always empty. We never tried to bring them to Cagney's as we only ate there for breakfast once ourselves.

On our upcoming Epic trip we are in an Owner's Suite which is part of the Courtyard complex but the people we are traveling with will be in inside and balcony cabins. We will definitely be having them up to our room to hang out since it's so big and perfect for entertaining, but I wonder if we'll be allowed to show them around the Courtyard area. With around 200-250 people now having access to the Courtyard if they were all to bring in friends from other parts of the ship it could get very crowded (I'm worried already that it will be with the people who are supposed to be there). I wonder if they will be requiring people to show keycards to enter the courtyard and will be restricting to suite guests only.

I can see both sides of this issue as I want to be able to hang out with my friends in these special areas that come with our cabin, but also don't want to contribute to a crowded atmosphere that impacts other guests' experiences.

I am guessing that breakfast/lunch at Cagney's is gone on the Epic since there is now The Epic Club exclusively for the Courtyard suites. Again, with the higher number of guests allowed to go there I imagine they will be strictly enforcing who dines there and people will not be allowed to bring guests from other parts of the ship.

I think you said it all.

When we were on the Jewel, we just walk our friends to our Courtyard Villa suite. After studying the deck plan, it seems to me that there wil be the same arrangement for keycard admission via elevator or stairs. We will have a Courtyard Villa for the maiden TA crossing this June. We do not have any friends sailing on this cruise yet, but I am curious how the deck 16 situation will work.

Since you booked the cabins. Make sure they are linked in the computer and that will help.

When you check in and meet the Concierge, ask about Cagneys and such.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Thanks. Is it automatically linked since I booked them together on my cc? I booked with a TA, I assume I should call them to check and request a link?

OP.. One thing that a lot of us (and I am one) often forget when you have the situtation that you have and that is that you can have your Butler deliver breakfast and lunch from Cagneys to your suite and I am very sure he/she would not hesitate to do it for your entire party. I have to say I have not been in an AB so I don't know if there is room for all of you to eat in your suite, but it is an option. 8-)

It occurs to me that the Courtyard Grill and/or the Epic club would be used instead of Cagneys for breakfast and/or lunch like the other ships in the line.

It seems that they must have this in mind considering the location and the expense of the improvement.?

Archived