Lower price, can we get the difference back?

Berk987

We booked the Niew Amsterdam for 12/5/10 with an internet agency. Our deposit is down. Balance is not due until 9/11/10. I just noticed yesterday that the same category is cheaper by $100. Can I ask the internet agency for the difference? We are repeat customers for this internet agency and have dealt with the same customer service agent before. I thought I would give it a shot. $100 is $100. I could use that money to buy wine for the cruise - HA. Plus do you know if this is a one shot deal. If it goes down further, can I ask again for the difference? Thanks.

We booked the Niew Amsterdam for 12/5/10 with an internet agency. Our deposit is down. Balance is not due until 9/11/10. I just noticed yesterday that the same category is cheaper by $100. Can I ask the internet agency for the difference? We are repeat customers for this internet agency and have dealt with the same customer service agent before. I thought I would give it a shot. $100 is $100. I could use that money to buy wine for the cruise - HA. Plus do you know if this is a one shot deal. If it goes down further, can I ask again for the difference? Thanks.

Our experience has been that if the price drops before our final payment, we have requested and gotten the lower price. This was both when booked thru a T/A and thru HAL direct.

The exception might be if the lower price is for new bookings only.

Is the lower price you noticed on the T/A site or on HAL's site? That might make a difference.

I would contact the agency and see if the lower price can be applied to your booking ... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I've always been sucessful in getting the lower price right up to final payments so I think you should be ok. My cruise for Oct. just went down $600 the other day and I got the difference. I'd go for the $100 reduction. Good luck.

From those who've booked in the past with TAs:

Let's say the posted price when you book is $800 pp, but the online TA gives you a rate of $700 pp.

if the posted rate drops to $700 pp, would the TA match the drop (maybe not quite by $100, but something like $625), or would the TA only match the drop if it went below the $700 they originally quoted you?

or alternatively, if you book at $800 with $100 shipboard credit from the TA, would they drop to $700 with the same onboard credit if the posted price drops?

Yes you can, as long as you have not made your finally payment, you certainly can ask them for the lower price and they should be happy to do that for you. Also yes to you next question, if the price drops again before finally payment you can ask again for that lower price.

thanks for the info, we'll call our guy Monday to see what we can do. do you think we will have to cnx our originally booking and re-book again?

I'd hate to lose our room. The lower price is from the sale internet agency as the original price.

thanks for the info, we'll call our guy Monday to see what we can do. do you think we will have to cnx our originally booking and re-book again?

I'd hate to lose our room. The lower price is from the sale internet agency as the original price.

I've never had to cancel anything....they just adjust the price....but you might want to ask to be sure. I deal with a brink and mortar TA so YMMV.

Thanks for everyone's help. We got $100 discount (price adjustment) and will keep an eye on it to go down further. If I called them yesterday I would have recevied $160 back (oh well). Wished I knew about this years ago but live and learn.

Archived