Is going to Buchart Gardens in Victoria worth the money?

CHARGERFAN83

Yes! If you like gardens, Butchart Gardens are a world class attraction and something not to be missed. To cut down on the cost , depending upon the amount of time you have in Victoria you may care to check on a tour with CVS Victoria who operate the shuttle from the cruise terminal to the Inner Harbour. http://cvscruisevictoria.com/

Just looking for peoples comments on this venue.

YES!! We were there in winter and it was beautiful. It's even more beautiful in spring with so many flowers in bloom. I'm not a gardener and I loved all the different kinds of plants.

Is it worth the cost in the evening? We will be arriving in Victoria at 7:30pm, what would you do?

I can't see from your signatue what time of year you will be in Victoria but we do have light in June and July until after 9:30 and then of course the gardens are illuminated after that and they really are quite lovely.

IIRC there are also some evenings that have a fireworks display.

Edit: I found this info on their website:

Each summer evening the Concert Lawn fills with visitors who enjoy the on-stage performances. On Saturday nights a grand Fireworks Display follows the Concert Lawn performance on an adjoining lawn. You'll find it hard to believe this complicated theatrical performance of fire on water and land, complete with music, is all controlled by hand firing.

Yes, it is definitely worth visiting even if you only have a few hours to spend there. Plus, it's really not that expensive of an excursion especially when compared to some of the other tour options in Alaska.

We did it in '05 and are going to go again in July. It's the only excursion we're doing through the cruiseline because of the short time we're there. We also had a short visit the other time and also went with the cruiseline that time as well. The excursion also included a short tour of Victoria which we enjoyed. This one does as well.

Archived