Formal Shirts

jerblu

I'm trying very hard to pack lighter. Have you ever sent your formal shirt to be cleaned on board? (two formal nights= need two shirts, or re-use one, which means launder it).

Do they do a good job of laundering a shirt?

I always have my formal shirt laundered on board. Give it to your stewardess immediately upon embarkation because usually the first formal night is the second night out. And they do a great job for a reasonable price (even more reasonable if you have over 100 days.)

There are beautiful jacquard woven white shirts which you can wear with both tux and suit. Have you thought about wearing a plain colored tie with your tux? It looks very sharp and saves the battle of the studs! :)

I dont really mind the studs, but I always wear a tie, either black with a white shirt or cream with a black shirt. And once, with the black shirt, I wore a tie that was mostly a very dark red, but with gray and silver swirls and the occasional brilliant yellow peeking through. As you can tell, I like ties.

I dont really mind the studs, but I always wear a tie, either black with a white shirt or cream with a black shirt. And once, with the black shirt, I wore a tie that was mostly a very dark red, but with gray and silver swirls and the occasional brilliant yellow peeking through. As you can tell, I like ties.

A man after my own heart - shame is that except for special occasions and high holidays (and on SS) I don't get the opportunity to wear them. They look good hanging in the closet though!!!:)

Archived