How many pieces of luggage can you bring?

kimmysmom

This is how many DH, DD (then age 3), and I took on our last 7 day. It does not include my mom's wheelchair, or my mom's or friend's luggage:

001wittebags-1.jpg

This is most of what we came home with, including my mom's and our friend's luggage:

CIMG0385-1.jpg

First cruise our teenage daughter went with (she was 17 at the time) she had 3 good size suitcases. One was devoted for shoes only. Then, just like someone mentioned, she wondered why she brought so many clothes.

We just got back from an 8 days cruise. We took 2 large suitcases (one for me and one for the wife) and 3 smaller carry on type with wheels. One of the carry on was empty when we boarded and we bring it for any purchased goods made during the cruise. The 2 bottles of liquor fit in it perfectly and the wheels make it easy to pull. There was plenty of room under the bed (King size) and we could have fit a couple of more suitcases.

We drive to the pier and park in the parking building. For debarkation, we hire one of the porters who will bring all 5 suitcases to the car on one of their carts. This is one of the best investments I make on the cruise. Sure makes it easy.

Dh and I each bring a full size suitcase and each bring a carry on. Then we have the one small suitcase with water. We use that one to bring back anything we buy. For vacations with the kids we pack both of the girls clothes into one suitcase and both of the boys into another so we'd have 4 full size and 2 carry ons + the water one.

We also hire a porter when we leave.

The real limitation is the airlines if you're planning to fly. If you're on Southwest... Bags Fly Free! Otherwise, you gotta figure in fees.

We as a family of four normally have one bag each, plus a garment bag, plus one more bag for my scuba gear - six in total.

Nah it's no problem at all (sorta unfortunately)...just ask my girlfriends husband. When it's just the two of them they pretty much just back up the "UHaul" and dump the luggage on the dock.

They have to take out a second mortgage if they want to tip the Valets the traditional $1 per bag. :eek:

This year her teenage daughter is going...I suggested to not bother packing...just hitch up the house.

I have it down to 18lbs in a convertable back pack and a small day pack for a trip of any length. I have made several land trips to Europe and Mexico for up to a month with basicaly the same pack out as I take on a cruise. It is not that hard to do after you find that you don't need to pack for the worst case and can leave the kitchen sink at home. Pack lite and travel happy, with no worries about damaged or missing luggage.

Archived