Just off the Emerald Princess - Review Part One

addygirl216

Hey where is part II, we are going on the 11th of April, any tips you might have for us, also do you know if they had a "happy hour" have seen replys saying they had one at night something about 2.99 specials? Thanks

Swampfox. there is a roll call for the sailing you are on here,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=810564

welcome abord!

We had a fantastic time - here's my <probably> long winded review!

*Mall - just want to mention that there is a nice big mall within walking distance of this hotel, as well as a Walgreens, a liquor store, and a grocery store all within a mile or two of this location.

We usually stay at the Hampton Inn Plantation but so far we were not able to find a grocery store after Albertson's closed few years back. Which direction is it?

Thanks.

We usually stay at the Hampton Inn Plantation but so far we were not able to find a grocery store after Albertson's closed few years back. Which direction is it?

Thanks.

Okay - if I remember correctly - you'd turn right out of the hampton drive - turn right on broward - and it's on your right? And - there is one in the parking lot of the pizza place that we went - but I forget that road name!

I agree with Toto. We will be on the Emerald in May and i am even more excited after reading your review. Did you go to Sabatinis or Sterlings? Wondering about doing that and what night would be the best.

My wife and I actually did both and if i were to do it again i would just go with the crown grill which is a steak/seafood restaraunt.....Sabatinis was 2.5 hrs long and you just get to pick your main course they bring out the apps and salads and etc but most of the stiff some people wont eat but at crown grill you get to pick everything you would like....And you get to get out in half the time...If you do go to Sabintis ask for ARNOLD and if you go to crown grill ask for ROBERTO....Both great waiters....

Thanks so much for the great review! Really pleasant to here the good side of our favorite ship! We sail 4-4 so really excited and living every minute just for the sailaway! Never been to Turks so really looking forward to it now. Thanks again.

Melody

Nicole -

Thanks for the great review. I sail on 4/11.

Can you give more info about the spa? Is it like Carnival where they have better deals at the end of the cruise? NCL does not do this - it is the same high price the entire time.

For the people asking about MUTS - I just recd an email from Princess that the movies for my week would be Avatar & Sherlock Holmes.

Thanks again.

One of the best reviews I have read......great job!!!

We sailed on Ruby last year and are sailing on the Emerald this July....cannot wait!!! We fell in love with Princess for many of the reasons you stated!

Thanks for the great review....:)

Really enjoyed your review -- I loved your enthusiasm and, as Toto said, you packed a lot of useful information in there! So glad you enjoyed your first Princess cruise so much.

I have a quick question: was your full-day cat excursion in St. Thomas (the Drinking Dolphin or Dancing Dolphin? -- I forget the name you said!) a Princess excursion or was it something you booked on your own? It sounds way better than I remembered the Princess one being.

Thanks for the detailed review! I'll be sailing the Emeral on April 11th and can't wait. Glad to hear you had such a good time and that staff seem to be friendly.

I agree with you on Grand Turk. I love going there. I went last year and it was my favorite port. Having been to all these ports before, its really the one I'm looking forward to this cruise the most.

Great Review!!! We are going on the Emerald Princess on April 18. This is going to be our 3 rd time on the Emerald Princess and we also are going to have a mini-suite on the Dolphin Deck. We can not wait to leave and your review just got me so much more excited. Looking forward to reading which movies were on MUTS. Glad you had a great cruise!!!!!

I agree with Toto. We will be on the Emerald in May and i am even more excited after reading your review. Did you go to Sabatinis or Sterlings? Wondering about doing that and what night would be the best.

We didn't this time - we were SO lazy! LOL

I would suggest tho - that either sea day or the princess cay day would be good days - because you are back on the ship pretty early from your day on the beach, and you'd have plenty of time to get ready - st maarten and st thomas are more port intensive days and you might be more tired, and grand turk you don't sail til later!

Just my opinion! :)

Nic

Nicole -

Thanks for the great review. I sail on 4/11.

Can you give more info about the spa? Is it like Carnival where they have better deals at the end of the cruise? NCL does not do this - it is the same high price the entire time.

For the people asking about MUTS - I just recd an email from Princess that the movies for my week would be Avatar & Sherlock Holmes.

Thanks again.

There were some sales - the spa manager said the first night that they never know what might be offered - depends on what they have lots of openings to fill, but I saved the fliers - will check them tonite and post what they were for you to get an idea!

The MUTS had way more movies than 2 when we were on it - I'm going to post them also - but usually there were 3 or 4 movies each day during the day, and every night had a feature movie....

SMiles,

nic

Can you please confirm the two days of the week that are formal nights?

We are sailing this SUNDAY and are very excited. Thanks again.

Gosh - I have to think - I want to say it was Monday and Thursday nights - but I will check the patters when I'm scanning them this evening and let you know for sure! :)

THanks for all the good information. I too will be sailing on the Emerald on May 2nd. Are there hair dryers in the mini suites? Did you find the mattresses were really as 'hard" as people on the forum have been suggesting? We'll be on the Dolphin Deck, cabin 115. Did you experience a lot of noise or movement?

Thanks,

Archived