Why no 14 day carib cruises listed for 2012?

guyver

We have been taking 14 day carib cruises the last couple years and have one booked for January 2011.

Since I heard of the upcoming price increases, I checked for early 2012 and there are no cruises showing up on NCL website that are longer than 11 days.

I understand that I can book B2B's as 2 separate cruises but I have found a slight price advantage in the past when booking the 14 day cruises.Does anybody know if these have indeed been discontinued or since it is so far out, maybe they are just not listed yet.

We have been taking 14 day carib cruises the last couple years and have one booked for January 2011.

Since I heard of the upcoming price increases, I checked for early 2012 and there are no cruises showing up on NCL website that are longer than 11 days.

I understand that I can book B2B's as 2 separate cruises but I have found a slight price advantage in the past when booking the 14 day cruises.Does anybody know if these have indeed been discontinued or since it is so far out, maybe they are just not listed yet.

We don't even have all the pricing for later 2011 yet. Don't expect to see much about 2012 for awhile. I have no idea about the cruise durations.

Nita

We don't even have all the pricing for later 2011 yet. Don't expect to see much about 2012 for awhile. I have no idea about the cruise durations.

Nita

Thanks Nita. I wondered about that. I had never booked that far out so wasn't sure.

I have been looking for a Caribbean cruise for July 2011, and only Carnival (ick), NCL and RCL have their schedules posted for that far ahead. Celebrity and Princess say they should have those schedules out in "April or May". When I asked NCL which of their ships were doing this area in 2011, they informed me that only the Spirit would be doing it during the summer and from New Orleans. When asked why none out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, they informed me that "too many hurricanes" was the answer. I was really surprised, but got the same answer from other lines, so maybe there is some truth to it. I was told that these ships were the only ones doing the Caribbean in 2011

Oasis of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Spirit

Solstice

"maybe"

Caribbean Princess

one other lesser Princess ship, forgot the name.

and Carnival, several ships, but I didn't even look into these.

Not much to choose from IMO. Who knows what 2012 will hold?

Amy

I see that NCL will have 6 ships in the Caribbean in early 2012, The Pearl, Gem, Spirit, Dawn, Epic and Star with starting points all over the place, I guess they look at it as the 7 day turnover is worth more $$ then a 14 day cruise.

I continue to have a hard time understanding the thinking at NCL. During the first quarter of 2012, they have the Epic doing Eastern Caribbean weekly, the Pearl Western Caribbean weekly (and departing the same day as the Epic) from Miami. If they alternated itineraries, it would give us the option of BtoB or a 14 day cruise. They are doing this on the Sun from Port Canaveral, and I will bet they get a ton of BtoB's. They, IMHO, made the same mistake this year with the Jewel and Pearl. I know we would have gone BtoB if the itinerary had swapped.

Al

I continue to have a hard time understanding the thinking at NCL. During the first quarter of 2012, they have the Epic doing Eastern Caribbean weekly, the Pearl Western Caribbean weekly (and departing the same day as the Epic) from Miami. If they alternated itineraries, it would give us the option of BtoB or a 14 day cruise. They are doing this on the Sun from Port Canaveral, and I will bet they get a ton of BtoB's. They, IMHO, made the same mistake this year with the Jewel and Pearl. I know we would have gone BtoB if the itinerary had swapped.

Al

I agree Al. I liked the way they had been scheduling them. I enjoyed have the options of 5, 7, 9 ot 14 days to choose from.

I just went ahead and booked an 11 day on the Dawn for January 2012. I know it will be great fun but we do really enjoy the B2B's. I guess I could always change it if any other options do become available.

Al

I agree.........we are doing The Sun BtoB in January 2012

Susan

Archived