Skagway Train vs train/bus

nittany lion fan

Everything I've read says Tues-Sat for Carcross. I spent yesterday researching and I also wanted to do that tour but we're going in May and it's not offered until the next week. We decided on a tour with Dyea Dave Tours - this is the tour copied from his website:

The 8 hr. afternoon train option: Bus up: $79 and Train down $81

8am-4:30pm

Join us at 8am for the bus tour to Emerald Lake, then continue to the Yukon, stopping for photos along the way and lunch at Spirit Lake Lodge, then we will get you back to Fraser at 2:30pm for the 2:45-4:30pm train ride back to Skagway. This is the best option for an all day tour, but your ship needs to depart at 6pm or later, to have time to board your ship.

Train tickets only sold out twice last summer, so your chances of that happening are small. If you'd like to definitely book the train, then call 907-983-2217 and reserve your train tickets, then let us know and we will make a note of that.

He takes resv by email and only takes cash/check at end of tour.

Can you tell me why you chose Dave over Chillkoot ?

We are in Skagway on the 24th of June and of all the days in the week it falls on a Monday. I heard that the train to Carcross does not run on Mondays :(. Is that true ? I was so looking forward to this option.

Sorry but it is true - no Train to Carcross on Monday - they do offer the Steam Train to Fraser however. :)

Archived