Fastest/easiest way to get to Aquarium?

CoolTripletMom

We dock in Kings Wharf for our cruise and would like to take our 3 year old triplets to the Aquarium.

What is the easiest way to get there? Ferry to Hamilton then bus to the Aquarium? Keep in mind I am lugging 3 three year olds with me and I heard once in Hamilton we have to walk to the bus station? Is it hard to find?

Also, at the Dockyard, where is the ferry terminal? And where is the easiest place to buy a ferry/bus pass?

Thanks!

We dock in Kings Wharf for our cruise and would like to take our 3 year old triplets to the Aquarium.

What is the easiest way to get there? Ferry to Hamilton then bus to the Aquarium? Keep in mind I am lugging 3 three year olds with me and I heard once in Hamilton we have to walk to the bus station? Is it hard to find?

Also, at the Dockyard, where is the ferry terminal? And where is the easiest place to buy a ferry/bus pass?

Thanks!

With triplets, you would probably be better taking the ferry to St. George then a #10 or #11 bus from there. It's a few block from the ferry but an easier walk then from the ferry in Hamilton to the bus although not hard to find.

The ferry terminal at Dockyard is very close to the ship....as they say, you can't miss it. You can get passes at the Visitor Center which is right there as well.

My suggestion would be to take the ferry (20-25 minutes) to Hamilton. When leaving the ferry terminal, take a right onto Front St and get a taxi. The trip to BAMZ by taxi should cost about $11.00 for four, one way, and no waiting.

SBtS

OOOOOHHHH! You didn't mention this option before. I think $11 for a taxi that eliminates the walk to the bus and is quicker may be my best option too. How easy is it to catch a taxi back from BAMZ to the Hamilton Ferry? Is there a specific taxi stand on Front St where we hail a taxi from? thx

Not sure about the taxi cost, but with a 3-year old we took the ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton (ferry slip visible from the ship, just to the left after walking off the pier) and then the bus. I think the bus from Dockyard has to go to Hamilton anyway (where you get another bus to the aquarium), and the ferry is MUCH faster. It is about a 5-minute walk in Hamilton (uphill!) to the bus station.

You can get the bus/ferry passes from a kiosk on the pier (between the two ship berths) or at the little tourist information/gazebo just past the band stand near the ferry slip.

Some ships that call regularly at Bermuda sell the passes at Guest Relations, but I've not been lucky recently.

Mom to 2 princesses asked: ..... Is there a specific taxi stand on Front St where we hail a taxi from?

I believe there is a taxi stand on your right after taking a right onto Front St. I think it is located after Queen St (1st street on your left) but before Bumaby St (2nd street on your left). I would say there is a taxi stand within 2 blocks of the ferry terminal.

BTW, if you walk 2 blocks uphill on Queen St, and take a right onto Church St, you'll come to the bus terminal.

SBtS

Mom to 2 princesses asked: ..... Is there a specific taxi stand on Front St where we hail a taxi from?

I believe there is a taxi stand on your right after taking a right onto Front St. I think it is located after Queen St (1st street on your left) but before Bumaby St (2nd street on your left). I would say there is a taxi stand within 2 blocks of the ferry terminal.

BTW, if you walk 2 blocks uphill on Queen St, and take a right onto Church St, you'll come to the bus terminal.

SBtS

This may be a decision we make last minute depending on how the kids are behaving...

So, to walk to the bus...turn right out of the Hamilton Ferry area onto Front Street. Walk 1 block and turn left onto Queen St. Walk 2 blocks uphill and turn right onto Church St. Bus terminal is right there. Take #10 or #11 outbound and ask bus driver (very nicely) for the Aquarium.

For a taxi, turn right out of ferry area onto Front St. Taxi stand is within 2 blocks on the left.

Correct?

Will it take the bus about the same time to travel as a taxi?

This may be a decision we make last minute depending on how the kids are behaving...

So, to walk to the bus...turn right out of the Hamilton Ferry area onto Front Street. Walk 1 block and turn left onto Queen St. Walk 2 blocks uphill and turn right onto Church St. Bus terminal is right there. Take #10 or #11 outbound and ask bus driver (very nicely) for the Aquarium.

For a taxi, turn right out of ferry area onto Front St. Taxi stand is within 2 blocks on the left.

Correct?

Will it take the bus about the same time to travel as a taxi?

Take a look at this map for locations of the ferry terminal and bus terminal.

http://www.bermudatourism.com/Downloadable_Map.pdf

The taxi will be faster since it won't make stops like the bus.

Take a look at this map for locations of the ferry terminal and bus terminal.

http://www.bermudatourism.com/Downloadable_Map.pdf

The taxi will be faster since it won't make stops like the bus.

Thank you for that. I printed it out but will have to find a magnifying glass to actually read the detail ;).

Do you know how long a bus ride it is between BAMZ and the SI? Is it worth the trip to SI for a family with 2 kids (read: we are not aiming to get drunk.)

Thank you for that. I printed it out but will have to find a magnifying glass to actually read the detail ;).

Do you know how long a bus ride it is between BAMZ and the SI? Is it worth the trip to SI for a family with 2 kids (read: we are not aiming to get drunk.)

You should be able to enlarge it to look at it on your computer. At the top of the page there's a place to increase....100% will be readable. You can pick up a full size one at any of the Visitor's Centers.

Can't say if it's worth the trip for you.;) It's just a cool place to have a drink, maybe some pub grub and a place everyone seems to equate with Bermuda. We've been to BDA a fair number of times and only went to the SI for the first time 2 years ago.

I'm not real good with distances but I'd say maybe 15 minutes on the bus. SBtS is good for knowing distance and times.:)

Archived