Chankanaab beach Cozumel-beach chairs

jackdiamond

Does Chankanaab still have the beach chairs that sit low to ground, which make it difficult for old folks to exit therefrom?

They have both the wooden ones that are off the ground (not by much though) and the plastic white ones that are on the ground.

Here's a pic...

Ashley :)

Yes they still do. Just got back from there last week. I bet if you nicely asked the waiters on the beach, they would get you a plastic chair from the nearby restaurant. Especially if you gave them a few bucks! They seemed very nice and eager to please.

Also, some of the pictures I have viewed of the beach area seem to indicate that it is not as rocky as it was the last time we visited. Is this true, or just an illusion?

Thank you.

The "fake" beach (where the beach chairs are) is sandy...but the part where you walk down the stairs to go in the water is rocky. We didn't go in the section where young kids can swim, so I'm not sure how rocky it is there. We wore aqua shoes.

The "fake" beach (where the beach chairs are) is sandy...but the part where you walk down the stairs to go in the water is rocky. We didn't go in the section where young kids can swim, so I'm not sure how rocky it is there. We wore aqua shoes.

If I stay in my seat and my kids go down the stairs to the water - can I still see them?

Is the water deep as soon as you reach the bottom step?

If we all go and leave our stuff behind- is it easily seen from the beach?

If I stay in my seat and my kids go down the stairs to the water - can I still see them?

Is the water deep as soon as you reach the bottom step?

If we all go and leave our stuff behind- is it easily seen from the beach?

You probably wouldn't be able to see them if you were sitting in your chair - unless they were pretty far out in the water. The water is deep, but the snorkeling is superb! The other area, where it's like a little "bay" or "lagoon", you would be able to watch them fine. There's also a restaurant that looks out on that section.

The waiters also walk to all the chairs and palapas on the beach and will bring you food and drinks. We loved Chankanaab!!! It wasn't crowded at all on the day we went.

Oh - and lockers are free - so no need to leave your stuff on the beach and be worried.

Have a great trip!

Ashley

Archived