Taking soft drinks, water, juice on board ships

beachbumsns

Can you tell me if anyone has taken their own soft drinks, etc on board. I was told if you purchase a case of pop, juice or water, you can mark it with your luggage tag and the porter will deliver it to your room with your luggage. Was wondering if anyone else has done this. Thanks

Can you tell me if anyone has taken their own soft drinks, etc on board. I was told if you purchase a case of pop, juice or water, you can mark it with your luggage tag and the porter will deliver it to your room with your luggage. Was wondering if anyone else has done this. Thanks

Hi Beachbumsns,

Welcome to Cruise Critic. About ten pages of discussion on this topic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=16229354&pp=25

Jonathan

COPY AND PASTE from rccl.com:

Onboard Policies;

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

...and dont blame or flame me. I am just copying from RCCL.com

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from an 11 day cruise - Ultimate Caribbean & Panama Cruise. We had no problem bringing on bottled water or soft drinks. One bottle of water was opened, and my friend was asked to shake it - I assume they were checking to see if it had vodka in it.

Archived