children in swimming pools from queenmargrethe

queenmargrethe

We are going on the Voyager of the Seas in may with 2 small children that still wear nappies. I have heard that they can´t go in any pools even with special swim nappies... is that correct? Children love the water but ok we must think of the hygiene.

What have other families done?

Can we bring a little inflatable pool?

Hope to get some good ideas......

We are going on the Voyager of the Seas in may with 2 small children that still wear nappies. I have heard that they can´t go in any pools even with special swim nappies... is that correct? Children love the water but ok we must think of the hygiene.

What have other families done?

Can we bring a little inflatable pool?

Hope to get some good ideas......

this has been discussed on various boards at great length -- I think that if you use the search tool you'll find all kinds of ideas.

A lot of people do talk about bringing inflatable pools for the kids on the boards.

I believe there is a kiddie pool area on the Voyager in the aft part of the ship on Deck 12.

It's called Adventure Beach.

shp_vy_deck12_rc2_dpl.gif

I think I remember being able to use those pools with my kids when they were tiny aboard the Explorer... but that was over 4 years ago.

Lots of folks will bring a "duck" pool/tub...it's a small blow-up thing....great for splashing and can be used in the shower to bath baby...most don't like showers!

You're right...even swim diapers aren't allowed...it will contain any solids, but the pool water does flow thru it...taking any bacteria and germs with it! So, it's a "no-no"!

You can use the pool water to "fill" the inflatable pool, and then dispose of it down a floor drain (don't dump it into the pool!).

A lot of people do talk about bringing inflatable pools for the kids on the boards.

I believe there is a kiddie pool area on the Voyager in the aft part of the ship on Deck 12.

It's called Adventure Beach.

shp_vy_deck12_rc2_dpl.gif

I think I remember being able to use those pools with my kids when they were tiny aboard the Explorer... but that was over 4 years ago.

The Adventure Beach pools have never allowed children in swim diapers. They do not have the special filtration and treatment systems required by the CDC. Of course that doesn't mean that no children in swim diapers have ever been in them--Just that they absolutely should not have been, for the health and safety of other children (and themselves, for that matter). The CDC is very strict in its regulations, but unfortunately, cruise lines aren't always strict in enforcement and some parents don't know or don't care and break (or try to break) the health rules. I'm not saying you are one of those parents; not at all. I think you are probably misremembering is all, especially as it has been a while.

beachchick

Archived