NCL Star Midnight Buffet

SD_31

The only late night buffet was the chocolate lover's buffet. I think it started at 11pm, on the 7th night, after we had left Cabo San Lucas. I think most chocolate lovers would have been impressed although I can't actually report on the desserts as we had eaten late and still were stuffed.

Am I the only one who didn't love the chocolate buffet?

I admit is was impressive to look at but I found the actual flavour of the few things I tried kind of bland, not rich and chocolaty like I expected. Maybe I just made the wrong selections to try?

Also when we went people seemed to be gathering outside the doors before it opened. The area was very crowded, almost pushing and shoving feeling. I just could not understand with all the food available on the ship why people would be so desperate to be the first in.

Last time I cruised I just stayed in the lounge enjoying a drink while everyone else stampeded to the chocolate buffet.

chatisfaction, I reluctantly have to agree with you. I was sooo looking forward to this event. Even my license plate pronounces what a chocoholic I am but I was definately not impressed with the flavor of the desserts. The sculptures and all were gorgeous but there were mostly many similar tasting layer cakes and they were all dry. Believe me I tried virtually everything. My plate looked disgusting piled so high. But I also felt an almost mob mentality as people waited on the very long line to get in. We arrived at 11:35. It was so crowded that I opted not to hang around and really look at the cool sculptures...I just wanted to get out of there. I will be on the Star in July again and I will either pass this up or just go late to see the chocolate sculptures after the crowds are gone. Sorry but this was a BIG dissappointment. Marilyn

I too, didn't enjoy the choc. buffet on the Star. In fact I can't remember any recently that were really good and choclatey tasting. I wouldn't stay up for it. It is very pretty but I agree with all the food that is offered on the ship, I really don't understand why we all, and I include myself, stampede up there. Kind of funny.

I can remember an early cruise in our cruising career, where my husband and I were standing in line on the Regal Princess waiting for the bar-b-que at 11:30PM. We were both stuffed from dinner, tired beyond words, but there we stood. He won't go anymore to the late buffets and some ships seem to be stopping them.

Its cold and rainy today here and I wish I was somewhere on the NCL Sun, even if we missed stopping at the ports. :) Liz

This morning the locks on my car doors were frozen. Finally I got the passenger one to open and had to climb over the stick shift to get in the driver's seat and start the car, then back out to scrap the windows then back in over the shift again. All this while dressed in a long coat and skirt for work.

ntrader

I too wish I were sitting on a pool deck listening to the band and sipping something tropical. I wouldn't even complain about the chocolate buffet:p

Although not a big fan of the Chocolate buffets-BUT I'm a sucker for the chocolate covered strawberries. They should put a couple of those in our cabins each night instead of those little mints I find on the pillow.

-Monte

I don't miss the trend toward eliminating the midnight buffets, especially since there's 24-hr food available on the newer NCL ships (not counting room service, which is available on all ships). I, for one, have enjoyed many (but not all) of the desserts at the chocoholic buffet. I admit that some of them looked better than they tasted, but I found some quite good.

Archived