E-Mail Overabundance

FinelyCruising

In the past few days between RCCL emails and Celebrity email introducing and enticing me, I am surely convinced that the stock ratings are driving this bulk pattern to reach out to everyone in order to book.

Is any one else's mailbox getting inundated to keep the bookings levels up?

:eek:

Actually, I have commented to friends that emails from cruise sites in general are down. I suspect the upturn in the economy (however small) and increase in cruise prices is changing the dynamic. About a year ago I was getting one or two a day. Agents were begging for business. Same is true for asking for bids on the cruise bidding site -- I used to get multiple bids and fast -- the last time I asked for bids I got only one bid and it took two days.

One TA from a large cruise website (with whom I do not book) who wanted my business (I book 3 cruises a year with friends) was unwilling to cut his commissions or do anything special to woo me.

YES...quite a few emails in the last couple of weeks...more than the usual for sure!! Is this a Good or a Bad sign?? Are they having a downturn in bookings due to the "same old" itineraries? Seems like too much advertising to me. What's your thoughts on this advertising abundance?

Pat :)

Just this morning already one from Celebrity and one from Royal. Plus the others that come too. Every day now Celebrity and Royal, that's what is surprising me. It's alot.

I think they have to keep bookings up and they don't want anyone to forget they are there.

Even with two already booked, I might get excited if they send me an email about NJ itineraries for one of the new ships they have promised!

But yes, it's like junk mail volume now. :eek:

Hi Everyone !

I've seen a slight increase in email from Celebrity and RCCL. For me, it's welcome, as I used to get email once every month or 2, which I felt was unacceptable. Where I am seeing large increases, is TA email, which is filling my mailbox. Some of them have gotten so invasive, that I asked to unsubscribe.

Personally, I do not mind the Celebrity emails at all, as I like hearing what they have to say.

I currently recieve about 4:1 emails from Princess over Celebrity, and I've sailed 95% of my Cruises with Celebrity. I often wonder if Princess knows this, and is trying to go after our business. Or, it could be that Princess simply does a better job with emails.

I've noticed an increase over the past few weeks - more facebook actvity in additiona to a few more regular emails. Even an email from RCCI/X's higher end line (the one that starts "am" and has a "z" -- I can never remember these made up company names :)).

I've somehow gotten on CruiseWest and Regent Seven Seas. They've been REALLY active (USPS and email). While some of their itineraries and the "small ship" concept really interest us, even their best deals can't tempt me.

If RCCI placed a Radiance class ship in the Med with some of the more interesting itineraries (Black Sea, more of the smaller islands, more of the North African ports) or if X would put a few more interesting ports on one of their S-class ships in the Med or Baltic -- we'd be right there (particularly late spring or early fall).

Archived