Planning a trip to Montreal...

TravelSmarty

Hey everyone,

I plan on going to Montreal for Memorial Day Weekend. My dream has always been "Paris in the Spring", but I just can't afford it and Montreal looks like the closest thing to it...magical with a European feel. If anyone knows of some good places to eat, some nice places to stay, and other fun things to do, let me know. I would love to hear them. Right now, I'm just doing a search on http://www.411.ca/ which has turned up some pretty good things.

Thanks!

You'll probably get more responses on the Ports of Call Board for Montreal on CC.

Montreal is a fabulous city. We love it there as well as Quebec City. We find Old Quebec to be the most European of all cities in North America.

I LOVE Montreal and Quebec City! We flew in once, and drove in twice. Stayed at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel (awesome!) and took a tour bus to QC. Lovely cities! If you drive, just a BC and photo ID. If you fly in, you will need a Passport. I don't have a French background (pure British), but I've been to France a few times. HAL has one-way 7 and 10 day cruises from NY, which I'm considering. When my IRA milliontuples its value in the next year. Cathedrals, sidewalk artists, lovely street cafes, 1976 Olympic venues, salons, and an overpriced McDonald's. It's all there! Love it!

HAL's ship, Maasdam, sails 7 days from Boston to Montreal and then back, Montreal to Boston. We do that cruise every summer b-to-b. It stops in Halifax, Bar Harbor, Sydney, Charlottetown, Quebec City, and Montreal. Fabulous cruise.

Eurodam sails from New York.

Yes. Sorry. The Eurodam does 10-night one-way sailings from NY on three dates in Sept. 2010. It stops at Newport RI, Gloucester (Boston), Bar Harbor ME, PEI, Halifax and Sydney NS, and Quebec City, with an overnight there. It sounds interesting to me.

I LOVE Montreal and Quebec City! We flew in once, and drove in twice. Stayed at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel (awesome!)

I love Montreal too and stayed at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth and loved it! Montreal has a botanical garden, and take a horse-drawn carriage ride in either city. You may want to check out Tripadvisor (dot com) message boards for Montreal and Quebec City, there is a ton of helpful info. Enjoy!

Usee tripadviser.com. Head to the link to their FORUMS. Then head to Montreal with a series of clicks. There are many experts that can help with anything Montreal. FANTASTIC city. Enjoy!!!

Archived