New Clinton Hotel South Beach

seagazer

Information, please! We are staying at this hotel one night precruise and one night postcruise, two weeks apart. We have never been to Miami Beach and were advised to try South Beach. Three adults (early 60's) are sharing the room, my husband, my sister and I. Some of the reviews say this is a "sexy couples hotel" :eek: Are we in for a big problem? Something about a window from the room to the bathroom? We will be there April 10th, so it may be too late to change reservations. Please let me know what your experience has been, and if I should try to find something else quickly. Thanks in advance,

Sally

Are we in for a big problem? Something about a window from the room to the bathroom?

Has it ever occurred to you to like---oh, gee--call the hotel directly to ask this question instead of asking a bunch of perfect strangers for advice? Think quickly, now---oops, I forgot...

I am going on 4-16-10 I read about it on Tripadvisor.com but didnt see anything about a " sexy" hotel. I don't think it will be like a Hedionism Resort...

PS this is a forum... a place to ask questions :)

Make a quick post and let us know how it is if you have a chance.

We love staying in South Beach pre/post cruise. Good restaurants, close to the beach, and fun people watching...

Haven't stayed at this hotel, but it looks like your typical SoBe Art Deco Boutique Hotel. Looks like a good location, right in the middle of SoBe and a couple blocks off the strip should be quieter. It can get pretty crazy on the strip on Fri/Sat nites. I wouldn't be too concerned with the "sexy" hotel tag, they all say that - it's just marketing and they are just selling the sizzle.

5 of us stayed there last Feb for a night pre-cruise. ended up with 3 rooms: 2 doubles & a single.

I booked the first room on Priceline (from reading what others were getting for their bids, I was fairly confident it would be the New Clinton), then once my bid was accepted called the hotel to upgrade to a double room - that was $40 more, and still a good price. I seem to recall that I paid the extra $40 at check-in. Be sure to get double rooms if you need them.

the hotel is like most in SoBe, and older hotel updated & with a cool, artsy feel. Location was good - we walked both ways to Joe's Stone Crab for dinner, then took a van to the port in the morning. Didn't get as much time in SoBe as we'd have liked -- the hotel was nice.

Cheers,

Mary

Has it ever occurred to you to like---oh, gee--call the hotel directly to ask this question instead of asking a bunch of perfect strangers for advice? Think quickly, now---oops, I forgot...

Why are you here if you can't or don't want to be helpful?:rolleyes:

Information, please! We are staying at this hotel one night precruise and one night postcruise, two weeks apart. We have never been to Miami Beach and were advised to try South Beach. Three adults (early 60's) are sharing the room, my husband, my sister and I. Some of the reviews say this is a "sexy couples hotel" :eek: Are we in for a big problem? Something about a window from the room to the bathroom? We will be there April 10th, so it may be too late to change reservations. Please let me know what your experience has been, and if I should try to find something else quickly. Thanks in advance,

Sally

Here are the most recent reviews of the hotel. The ratings vary. Nothing mentioned recently re it being a sexy couple hotel. The location is the high point. If you got it for a good price, it'll work fine.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34439-d247105-Reviews-Clinton_Hotel_and_Spa_South_Beach-Miami_Beach_Florida.html

• 2 weeks later...
5 of us stayed there last Feb for a night pre-cruise. ended up with 3 rooms: 2 doubles & a single.

I booked the first room on Priceline (from reading what others were getting for their bids, I was fairly confident it would be the New Clinton), then once my bid was accepted called the hotel to upgrade to a double room - that was $40 more, and still a good price. I seem to recall that I paid the extra $40 at check-in. Be sure to get double rooms if you need them.

the hotel is like most in SoBe, and older hotel updated & with a cool, artsy feel. Location was good - we walked both ways to Joe's Stone Crab for dinner, then took a van to the port in the morning. Didn't get as much time in SoBe as we'd have liked -- the hotel was nice.

Cheers,

Mary

you remember what the description was on priceline?

Why are you here if you can't or don't want to be helpful?:rolleyes:

I think rh just snapped. I feel like doing it also when the nine millionth poster wants a luxury hotel in downtown Miami with a view of the ships in peak season with free happy hour, free breakfast, and free port and hotel shuttle for $39. In January.

Archived