Monarch of the seas deck 9

Can anyone tell me about the outside cabins on deck 9 on the Monarch of the seas ? It says they are the obstructed view, but they are bigger rooms and a little more expensive. Are there actually boats hanging in front of the windows? or are they below them. I dont mind them below and would like the extra room..any suggestions?

The life boats are below the window you will still be able to look straight out to sea but when looking down you will only see the top of the life boat, the cabins are bigger though so well worth paying the extra

Stayed in room #9000 back in Oct. '09 on our first cruise ever. Loved the extra room. I went to the front of the ship to make sure of no life boats. Webshot dot com is a great place to find cabin pics. I counted window in pics. to see witch one was the best room. I found out it doesn't really matter. You can see straight out and up just fine. Have fun on your trip and I be back on her this Oct. with my family. ONLY 210 more days :o)

The obstructed view is the reason why the cabins are only a few dollars more expensive than the other outside cabins. The extra space is worth looking at part of a lifeboat.

We had 9000 back in February - slight obstruction from deck overhanging above but a great view out and really nice quiet room!! Plenty of room for the 2 of us - nice little loveseat in the corner and cutest little teeny tiny bathroom.......hey old ship - it's character!:cool:

Thanks everyone. We are thinking about 9552 and 9554 or 9022 and 9024. Has anyone stayed in these? Looks like they are somewhat over the rooms with the least obstruction. I made reservations on deck 7 not realizing they had the deck outside the windows, so i am hoping i can change to deck 9 now.

I did use that map, thanks, and it looks like 9552 and 9554 have the unobstructed level 8 room right between them, so we figured we would each just get a little of the edge of the boats from our windows..which is fine with me. I was able to switch to these rooms..thanks again. I am looking forward to the extra room and the frig too !

Archived