How much money for cruise clothes is enough?

WeirdEyes

How much money for cruise clothes is enough?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How much money for cruise clothes is enough?

• Under $200
    • $200-$400
    • $500-$700
    • $800-$1,000
    • Over $1,000
    • None of your business ;)

I think I got the bargain of the day. I bought a casual short sleeve dress today @ Kohl's for a whopping 15 CENTS! Original price was $45. Found on the clearance rack left over from last summer!!:D

No Way!!! That's awesome!!!!!!

I think I'm going to go over the $200-400 answer I gave on the poll. I spent a little over $160 yesterday on line...Newport-news.com. The black and white swim wear and a mesh top...shoes...

I'll revisit and let you know how the totals run before I leave in May!

I try not to spend money pre-cruise. I prefer to use the $ for excursions/momentos. I'll buy flip flops and a 3 pack of kids tank tops and just add that to my normal summer wardrobe. I may buy a new swimsuit or evening dress. But usually dont spend more that $200.

God Bless Ross!

Tommy Hilfiger pants = $6

Van Huesen Shirts = $8-$12

My wife got two designer formals for $30 each.

We just about totally reoutfitted for $250 for both of us!

If you can find a Ross' Dress for Less, knock yourself out!

I forgot about Kohl's. I may go there in the next day or so. I had not planned on buying alot but since I have lost 40 pounds nothing fits anymore. It just hangs. There is an upside and downside to losing weight. I am trying to buy things for the inbetween size right now and do not want to spend too terribly much, though I do not expect to lose alot more.

Will check out TJMaxx and Kohls now. Thanks!

Yesterday I went to the local mall to check out the sales. I found in Dilliards a really nice formal gown with the draped neck, a burgandy color with just a few beads on it just enough to give a little glitter. It was $45, orginially $180. Now that fits into my budget perfectly. I was all set to buy it even though it was more then the usual little black dress I go for until I read what it was made of-silk-I love silk guys- but not for cruises-silk is a NIGHTMARE packing. On my last cruise I took a 2 piece silk dress and ofcourse It had to be pressed. So I decided that was such a headache I would not buy silk for a cruise again.

If I thought I would have the chance to wear that gown any where else I would have bought it anyway but it seems no one dresses up anymore. We went to the symphony a couple of weeks ago. I was so over dressed I felt out of place. We have been going for 20 years and people used to "dress" for the symphony. Not anymore-I might as well wore a pair of jeans or khakis-I would have fit in with others if I had.

Congrats everyone on your great sale finds!! Wish my weight was off so I could shop now. :(

I plan on visiting Kohl's also. We have a Ross Dress for Less here. I've been in it twice and couldn't find anything either time. It opened about 6 months ago. I guess they are hit or miss. Maybe I should find out when there shipments come in.

The most I've ever spent for clothing before a cruise is when I purchased a new tuxedo. Most cruises, though, I don't buy anything new specifically for them. I try to shop the clearance sales in the fall. Most of our cruises have been in November and December.

One of our local department stores had great bargains last September. The clothes were marked 75 percent off on a rack that was 25 percent off the marked price. And then they had 10 percent off coupons in the paper. I bought six shirts, two pairs of shorts, and two swim suits for $54.

I've had good luck buying formal shirts and accessories on eBay. I haven't bought any ordinary clothes there.

Congrats everyone on your great sale finds!! Wish my weight was off so I could shop now. :(

I plan on visiting Kohl's also. We have a Ross Dress for Less here. I've been in it twice and couldn't find anything either time. It opened about 6 months ago. I guess they are hit or miss. Maybe I should find out when there shipments come in.

That is the way it was for me also until I learned they put out new stock every Thurs. here in Douglasville, GA. If you wait until SAt. all the good stuff is gone.

That is the way Ross is. They have some great stuff but they also have a lot of cr%*p. If you don't get there within a day of the new stock being put out-all that is left is the cr%^*&p. Ask when they get new merchandise and then come either that day in the late afternoon or evening or the next day.

My husband and I just got back from Reno, we go every year with another couple--our hubbys go to a convention and we go shopping! I got a really cute black chiffon dress for $50 and a pair of black heeled sandals, the straps are rhinestones, they sound tacky but I knew they were okay when my 17 year old daughter thought they were great--$89 on sale for $28! I can't wait to wear the outfit! :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63886&item=5359208645

This right here is the best fitting suit Iveever owned- holds in your tummy while lifting your rack - See if you can find this in your size on line - best part is the back is high so no rolls and very flattering

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63886&item=5324607027&tc=photo

Also try Marshalls or Tj Maxx - they carry name brand overstocks or dicontnued stuff for cheap prices

Shelia,

I have had GREAT luck on eBay. Just to name a few, I have gotten four formals, casual dresses, shirts and jeans for DH, and several dresses and jeans for DD. I love eBay!!! So far (these were not the only things I have gotten from there) only 1 casual dress didn't fit but, I only paid $4.00 for it, including shipping, so no big loss. I can't say if everyone else has been as fortunate but, it is worth checking out! Do look carefully and make sure the seller has a good feedback rating!

great bargain at Kohls!! I will be going on my first cruise on Feb 20th and 3 of us bought clothes from Davids Bridal up to 75% off...such gorgeous cruise gowns, pantsuits. formal skirts and more.

One dress I bought was marked $286 and I was able to get it for around $89/ a $160 strapless candy apple top for $19/black long skirt (gorgeous) marked $189 for $49 and a long black short sleeve formal dress with gold beading on it for $79..it retailed well over $200.

I now have 3 formal outfits for this cruise as some friends of ours are getting married Feb 23 on the ship while in port at Montego Bay. I have spent quite a bit and imagine I am a little over $700 for clothes..but I will not have a problem weaqring the formals again on another cruise...may have to buy ONE new one tho !!;)

Archived