Is there food at pool?

m25653

Could anyone tell me if there is food on pool deck?Was on Navigator in nov. did not see anything did we miss it.Would of liked to have burger or dog with a drink at pool instead of having to go to buffet.

Closest thing I can think of is pizza and salads in the Solarium.....can carry that to the pool.

Some Solariums also serve hamburgers & hot dogs.

Last year or the year before they rolled out a couple of those food servers and served tacos not far from the pool deck (starboard side, opposite end from where the pool bar was)

Don't recall any RCL ship recently that had a permanent food set up by the pool.

M&M

last year on a 12 dayer they set up a themed buffet frequently by the main pool during midday. It was nice to have a third choice of location for lunch and very convenient if you were "poolplanted" that day.

Mitch

This is interesting because when I was on the Majesty in Dec. I had gone to the Windjammer & fixed me a plate for lunch. I was carrying it back to my chair & was told by one of the Towel Attendants that I could not take my food to the pool area. So I had to leave my plate of food with him & go get my towel & things off my chair & go to the Windjammer. 1st time I had ever been told I couldn't eat by the pool.

This is interesting because when I was on the Majesty in Dec. I had gone to the Windjammer & fixed me a plate for lunch. I was carrying it back to my chair & was told by one of the Towel Attendants that I could not take my food to the pool area. So I had to leave my plate of food with him & go get my towel & things off my chair & go to the Windjammer. 1st time I had ever been told I couldn't eat by the pool.

Gee, I hope that doesn't happen to us! I love to eat by the pool.:)

It would help to know what ship you'll be on. The Radiance and Vision class both have the Solarium Cafe...with limited hours, each different with limited selection.

Otherwise most people will go to the Windjammer and bring back their plates.

Will be on navigator again in late nov. This no food at pool on our last cruise was bugging me a bit.

I'll admit, I love a late afternoon snack by the pool. But I think the no food by the pool guideline is probably a good idea. I've seen it so windy that chips were flying off of plates....quite a mess! :)

You might have also noticed that they don't have trays in the Windjammer anymore either. I'm guessing this is also an attempt to keep folks from carrying off mountains of stuff.

We were on the Navigator (Nov / 03) and the Explorer (Mar / 04) and neither had trays. They do have the large oval plates, so you might be able put enough food on one plate and serve it up at your table.

Archived