Date Change Summer 2011

Hi All

Have just been into Thomsons to pay for this years cruise:eek: and was told the new cruise brochure is out on the 15th April, to which I replied I had been told the 29th April on the phone. My very good TA then showed me the Thomsons document with the date. Yipee:D which is two weeks earlier than they first said and only two weeks to go:)

Mary

Hi All

Have just been into Thomsons to pay for this years cruise:eek: and was told the new cruise brochure is out on the 15th April, to which I replied I had been told the 29th April on the phone. My very good TA then showed me the Thomsons document with the date. Yipee:D which is two weeks earlier than they first said and only two weeks to go:)

Mary

That's consistent with what my contact at Cruisedeals told me some time ago and I got the impression she was reading it from some communication she'd received (I wasn't sure of the exact date - just that it was around the middle of the month). Since then, I'd been persuaded that it was the 29th by other sources (on here I guess) so had resigned myself to being patient for a bit longer. Hope our agents are right, Mary - we can get onto the planning a bit quicker!!!!! :D:D Where would you like to go? I'm hoping there will be something a bit out of the ordinary AND exUK sailings too - although I'm not hopeful about that.

Hi All

Mary

Hi Mary

Thats fab news - I keep trying to find out when this will be - do you know which month this will take us up to? :confused:

Mandie

Hi Mary

Thats fab news - I keep trying to find out when this will be - do you know which month this will take us up to? :confused:

Mandie

Hi Mandie

Not sure think it's for a year but then they bring out a brochure about October for the winter itineries.

Sure someone else will know this.:)

Mary

That's consistent with what my contact at Cruisedeals told me some time ago and I got the impression she was reading it from some communication she'd received (I wasn't sure of the exact date - just that it was around the middle of the month). Since then, I'd been persuaded that it was the 29th by other sources (on here I guess) so had resigned myself to being patient for a bit longer. Hope our agents are right, Mary - we can get onto the planning a bit quicker!!!!! :D:D Where would you like to go? I'm hoping there will be something a bit out of the ordinary AND exUK sailings too - although I'm not hopeful about that.

Hi Kruzseeker

I saw the actual document from Head Office with the date on so unless there's any hold up should be this date.:) My TA wanted to book me an appointment for this date. Of course said bit early need to have a good study of brochure cover to cover (sad that I am) and of course get other prices for them to match.:)

I would like to do ex UK too but like you don't think they will and a downside to this is no AI:(

Going to see whats on offer on a repositioning cruise done two before and these are always good value. The first one was fly to Palma round the Med then back to Newcastle. That was fun Bay of Biscay and English Channel in May for first cruise. Hubby took great delight in telling everyone we were cruising to Newcastle. Sad.

Otherwise don't really know where I want to go done the Med, Canaries and Egypt so will just have to see what's on offer.:) Oh would like to do the Adriatic been to lots of the places before but not on a cruise and would like to go Montenegro and also sail into Venice. Would also love to do the Carribean but it's far too hot for me. Can't cope with the heat.

Mary

Hi Mandie

Not sure think it's for a year but then they bring out a brochure about October for the winter itineries.

Sure someone else will know this.:)

Mary

Thanks for the reply.

Its just that I am looking to do the Carribean again at Christmas 2011/Jan 2012 (last did this Dec 2008) but guess the brochure will only go up to October 2011 :(

Mandie

Hi Kruzseeker

I saw the actual document from Head Office with the date on so unless there's any hold up should be this date.:) My TA wanted to book me an appointment for this date. Of course said bit early need to have a good study of brochure cover to cover (sad that I am) and of course get other prices for them to match.:)

I would like to do ex UK too but like you don't think they will and a downside to this is no AI:(

Going to see whats on offer on a repositioning cruise done two before and these are always good value. The first one was fly to Palma round the Med then back to Newcastle. That was fun Bay of Biscay and English Channel in May for first cruise. Hubby took great delight in telling everyone we were cruising to Newcastle. Sad.

Otherwise don't really know where I want to go done the Med, Canaries and Egypt so will just have to see what's on offer. Oh would like to do the Adriatic been to lots of the places before but not on a cruise and would like to go Montenegro and also sail into Venice. Would also love to do the Carribean but it's far too hot for me. Can't cope with the heat.

Mary

Hi again, Mary,

Montenegro (Kotor) is amongst the most impressive locations I think we've done - so I'd recommend that one (the rest of the Adriatic itinerary's pretty stunning too! :) ) Also we loved the Baltic (so interesting and St P was mind-blowing) and I don't think I'd ever tire of the North Cape itinerary - so if Thomson were to return to these shores I think we'd do that one again sometime but the one I'd really love to do is Iceland. I'm so cross that we missed the chance last year - just living in hope that the opportunity will come again (other operators' itineraries don't look nearly as good as Thomson's last year which had 4 days in Iceland and some good ports in Norway too). I'm looking with interest at the sailings out of Marmaris which are a new area to us so we may venture there. But like you I'll be pouring over the brochure and enjoying planning the next trip! ;)

P.S. Tell your hubby I think there's a lot of mileage out of Newcastle as a port :D Think of the 'WoW' factor for american tourists if you did trips to Bamburgh Castle, Lindesfarne, Alnwick Castle - and boy, do those beaches take some beating! Pity the sea's so chilly!!!!

Hi Everyone

I think there seems to be a bit of confusion as to when the Thomson/Island Cruises 2011 launch will "actually" be...

The 29th April 2010, will be the official launch date of the brochure and when all the prices will be released to the public.

The 15th April most Thomson and First Choice stores will be holding a preview day/evening promoting the launch and also tieing in the fact that other cruise lines will be holding there launches soon.

Advance registrations will be possible on the 15th, but just to clarify that the official launch date will be the 29th April.

Hi Everyone

I think there seems to be a bit of confusion as to when the Thomson/Island Cruises 2011 launch will "actually" be...

The 29th April 2010, will be the official launch date of the brochure and when all the prices will be released to the public.

The 15th April most Thomson and First Choice stores will be holding a preview day/evening promoting the launch and also tieing in the fact that other cruise lines will be holding there launches soon.

Advance registrations will be possible on the 15th, but just to clarify that the official launch date will be the 29th April.

Thanks for that. I'm a little unsure of quite what the implications of the two dates are. :confused: Could you please explain what are the practicalities of the difference between the 15th (preview day) and 29th (official brochure launch day) will be in terms of what we will get to know? Will the itineraries, but not prices, be known on the preview day? And what will the advance registration involve - just expressing an interest in a particular cruise with or without knowledge of prices/perks? Any further info would be much appreciated.

Hi Everyone

Hi Cruiseman 2010

Just wondering where you got this info from. It was the local Thomson TA Cruise Advisor that showed me the document for the brochure she wanted to make me an appointment for that day to book the cruise.

Non of our local Thomson stores have ever held a preview day/evening promoting the launch.

I will give her a ring on Tues to check but I suppose we will just have to wait and see. I really do hope it is the 15th though as less time to wait.:)

How bad is that though haven't been on this years yet. This cruising is like a drug can't get enough:D

Mary

I have seen the document myself... only because I work for them.

If you go to Thomson or First Choice on Tuesday or whenever you're next near your local branch, you will see an advert on the door saying about a launch event. It will be purple in colour and will advertise Cruisedeals which is the new branding that the branches are using for cruise sales.

I know my branch is holding a preview evening on the 15th from 9am to 8pm so we can show off the itineraries and details, but we wont have prices because these wont be released until the 29th.

If customers are interested we will take an advance registration so we can call people who have shown an interest and go through the prices for them.

It's going to be a hectic few weeks. We've got the cruise preview next week, then I'm going on the Thomson Dream on the 20th for 2 nights to try it out along with more staff members and then... we will have the big launch on the 29th.

Stay tuned!!

PS. I shall have some pictures of the Thomson Dream ready to show you all when I return back to the UK on the 22nd April.

All the best

Cruiseman2010

If you go to Thomson or First Choice on Tuesday or whenever you're next near your local branch, you will see an advert on the door saying about a launch event. It will be purple in colour and will advertise Cruisedeals which is the new branding that the branches are using for cruise sales.

I know my branch is holding a preview evening on the 15th from 9am to 8pm so we can show off the itineraries and details, but we wont have prices because these wont be released until the 29th.

If customers are interested we will take an advance registration so we can call people who have shown an interest and go through the prices for them.

It's going to be a hectic few weeks. We've got the cruise preview next week, then I'm going on the Thomson Dream on the 20th for 2 nights to try it out along with more staff members and then... we will have the big launch on the 29th.

Stay tuned!!

PS. I shall have some pictures of the Thomson Dream ready to show you all when I return back to the UK on the 22nd April.

All the best

Cruiseman2010

You bet I'll stay tuned Cruiseman!! :D:D:D This is the inside track!!! Thanks for the additional info - I now understand what the situation is so I'll be in thr shop on the 15th! So are all cruise bookings previously through Thomson or Portland now to be branded Cruisedeals - and will all the prices then be the same? (Currently there is some variation on line between Thomson and Cruisedeals.) This is brill getting it all from the horse's mouth so to speak! Thanks again! :)

Hi again

Not sure about the Thomson/Portland thing, but have you have ever picked up a copy of the Thomson Cruise Deals magazine that had all the cruise lines in...?

Well pick the April version up when you next can... as its branded as Cruisedeals.

Don't want to say too much more because of Big Brother and all that but stay tuned for the 2011 launch as I'm sure there will be some exciting stuff in there... not they I know anything more than you guys, because it was quite surprising how much you already knew.:eek:

Stay tuned!!

All the best

Cruiseman2010

Apologies all especially Cruiseman been given the wrong info again.:(

Wondered if you had insider info Cruiseman:)

I phoned my TA on Tuesday and she knew what I was phoning about before I even said anything. She then confirmed it was the 29th for the brochure:( and as yet my branch have no plans for a preview day.

So cruiseman we need to know where you are so we can all invade you:D

We could have a Thomson cruise regulars party in your shop:D

Still not happy though about having to wait until the 29th though (after being told 2 weeks earlier) and can't see the point in releasing itineries without the prices.

Do you know if we will know in advance of any AI or will we have to wait for the brochure?

Mary

PS. Hope you enjoy the Dream and look forward to seeing your review.

Hi all again

Sorry I havent got any more info for you yet... but...

I know that my branch is definetely having a preview day on the 15th and that all the info about the brochure shall be with us soon and as soon as I have info I will let you know. I have seen brochure itineraries and prices for the likes of P&O 2011/12, Princess 2011/12 and Cunard 2011/12 :D:p but not Thomson yet... this is very much hush hush.:o

Believe me I would love you all to be phoning me on the 15th with your cruise plans... but I'm not allowed to advertise my branch details on here or even give a contact number out. :(:mad:

About Cruisedeals, its possible that we will be branded from May so watch this space.

And about the AI upgrades... well... um... I do know but again I can't say!

Take care everyone.

Cruiseman2010

Hi all again

Sorry I havent got any more info for you yet... but...

I know that my branch is definetely having a preview day on the 15th and that all the info about the brochure shall be with us soon and as soon as I have info I will let you know. I have seen brochure itineraries and prices for the likes of P&O 2011/12, Princess 2011/12 and Cunard 2011/12 :D:p but not Thomson yet... this is very much hush hush.:o

Believe me I would love you all to be phoning me on the 15th with your cruise plans... but I'm not allowed to advertise my branch details on here or even give a contact number out. :(:mad:

About Cruisedeals, its possible that we will be branded from May so watch this space.

And about the AI upgrades... well... um... I do know but again I can't say!

Take care everyone.

Cruiseman2010

You are a tease!!! But rest assured - I'm watching this space! :D

Aarrgghh, I'm so gutted now - after reading this thread the other day and seeing the 15th I was counting down the days, and now I have to wait another 2 weeks again! :(

I've been putting off booking with anyone else to see what Thomson are offering for next year. Can't cope with this waiting!! :o:D

Aarrgghh, I'm so gutted now - after reading this thread the other day and seeing the 15th I was counting down the days, and now I have to wait another 2 weeks again! :(

I've been putting off booking with anyone else to see what Thomson are offering for next year. Can't cope with this waiting!! :o:D

I know how you feel :o but with a bit of luck, on the 15th, Cruiseman might be able to at least tell us where they're sailing next season even if we don't know the prices! :eek:

Hi Mary

Mandie

Asked TA for price for Greek Islands and Turkey for May 2011 and was told it would be out end of April, Hopefully next week will have a brochure.

Just got back from some hols and there was a email from my Thomson TA dated 4 April inviting me to a cruise evening at the Maidstone Hilton with refreshments where Thomsons plus other cruise lines would be previewed etc. I won,t be going though as I have not yet decided to book early for next year or wait until nearer summer 2011.

I've just realised, we won't be here for when the brochures come out on the 29th :eek:

I just hope the future cruise consultant has a good supply on board.

Our local TA is doing a big sales push on the 29th opening early at 8 a.m.

Berwyn

Hi everybody

Today I saw the launch documents for both Thomson and Island Cruises detailing some of the itineraries (not all of them), and benefits of booking early.

There are from what I remember, 6 new itineraries, 4 of which will be Eastern Med, and 2 are Western Med. Don't hold me to this as I haven't got the document in front of me.

There WILL be FREE AI upgrades available on selected cruises for 2011.

17 regional airports available with 1 new cruise route.

I believe prices are starting from £699pp.

Keep an eye out on these as more details will follow.

All the best everybody.

Cruiseman

PS. Only 6 more days until I sail on the Dream.

Hi everybody

Today I saw the launch documents for both Thomson and Island Cruises detailing some of the itineraries (not all of them), and benefits of booking early.

There are from what I remember, 6 new itineraries, 4 of which will be Eastern Med, and 2 are Western Med. Don't hold me to this as I haven't got the document in front of me.

There WILL be FREE AI upgrades available on selected cruises for 2011.

17 regional airports available with 1 new cruise route.

I believe prices are starting from £699pp.

Keep an eye out on these as more details will follow.

All the best everybody.

Cruiseman

PS. Only 6 more days until I sail on the Dream.

Thank you for that.

I don't suppose you've got any insight as to when they are moving her to Palma?

Berwyn

Archived