Best things about a balcony

I carry a blow up palmtree and flamingo and tie to the railing.Listen to ole Jimmy and drink a few of my favorites. Have to agree on watchimg the late comers getting back to the ship and getting mooned by passengers on other ships parked along side."GREAT FUN"

We cruise because we love the ocean. The balcony brings us closer to that than an inside or ocean view cabin can ever do.

We have an inside booked for a short cruise late this year (price) and I'm already missing the balcony :p

It's balcony all the way for me. I can't begin to count the days i've spent out there watching the water. I've seen schools of small silver fish, sardines maybe, flying just below the surface of the water.

I love the water view so much that to console myself between cruises, I painted one of my guest bedrooms Caribbean blue. I swear it's the same color of water in the Caribbean when you are way out to sea.

6 more days until I fly...7 more days until I sail. My E1 balcony is calling me. I really hope Emmanuelle is my steward again. Nice guy.

Sometimes you see the pilot boat..

Our next cruise we have our first aft balcony! So I wonder how different it will be. Normally I get up, go outside watch the ocean pass by....

I am so excited to see what the wake looks like from my balcony instead of just the back of the ship....I can't wait!!!!!!

Sitting on the balcony having my morning coffee and croissants.

Sitting on your balcony having coffee is the bomb, cant get much better that that. Ever since we started getting a balcony room we cant seem to go back to the window view.

After having become hooked on balconies, we took a short getaway cruise with an ocean view cabin. After walking into the cabin, our first observation was "where the heck is our door?":confused: It just felt so confining; might as well just booked an inside.

Favorite balcony cabin is an aft cabin. Sunrise - I must have a hundred pictures of sun rise over the ocean - each a little different.

Favorite balcony aft cabin - Grandeur of the Seas JS. A very large patio size balcony with lounge chairs and standard outside chairs. My husband and I spent most of our time out there. Because it was a JS, it had a kettle. Being a tea lover, I sat out there with my cup of tea for most of the afternoon when we were at sea. Peaceful, beautiful (sunrise) (moon shining on the water at night), large oversize room with a large shower(in the tub). WOW It's not a cruise vacation for us without the balcony.

When you have an inside cabin, you spend more time on deck. Which can be fun too, but it's nothing like being on your own private cruise - away from everyone most of the day on your balcony.

An extra bathroom.

I hope that I'm not on the balcony just to the leeward side of your balcony, and one floor down!!:eek::mad:;)

Don't think that balconies are just to let you allow mother nature to take her course!!:rolleyes:

Mabe you could explain something that I'm missing.........about an extra bathroom!

Rick

I know people who like to sunbathe "au natural".

My husband did that one time on an aft balcony of the Jewel. We were in port and he was laying on his belly in a lounge chair without a stitch on while I was off the ship. I came back and found him sound asleep - a Carniavl ship had arrived next to us at the pier while he was sleeping (he is a deep sleeper) and there were several older ladies on its balconies staring down at him. Very funny - he woke up, grabbed a towel and smiled at his fans!

I felt the same way you did: see the weather for myself before getting dressed. Otherwise I didn't spend much time there. It was our first cruise and we spend a lot of time either in bed or out and about. I didn't like the plastic furniture, I thought it was too small and crammed.

So next cruise we booked an oceanview and didn't miss the balcony very much.

Third cruise we booked an inside because the window just lets the light in and I like it dark when I sleep.

So we're cheap cruisers now. We don't go cheap on most things, but on the cabin I don't feel deprived one bit just because I'm in an inside.

I felt the same way you did: see the weather for myself before getting dressed. Otherwise I didn't spend much time there. It was our first cruise and we spend a lot of time either in bed or out and about. I didn't like the plastic furniture, I thought it was too small and crammed.

So next cruise we booked an oceanview and didn't miss the balcony very much.

Third cruise we booked an inside because the window just lets the light in and I like it dark when I sleep.

So we're cheap cruisers now. We don't go cheap on most things, but on the cabin I don't feel deprived one bit just because I'm in an inside.

this is pretty much our mindset...but will probably change my mind when I have my first balcony in July...I am thinking they both have their perks.

I love to spend time on my deck here at home so add the ocean and beautiful sunrises and sunsets and the peacefulness of it all and I'm in heaven. I can't wait until we are sitting on our balcony in Sept!!

Now that sounds very nice...will be in my first balcony cabin in July...wow, I like that way to wake up.

It's such a nice way to start the day. My husband and I did this every morning during our first cruise with a balcony stateroom. We decided to give the MDR a try one morning, and it wasn't the same. I think we'll always have breakfast on the balcony, especially since you can pretty much order anything you want for breakfast. :D Enjoy!

Archived