Best things about a balcony

The entertainment??

Was sitting in the dark one evening on our balcony..sipping a nice glass of port and our neighbors were "in the mood".

They were giggling and laughing and the guy must have whipped his shirt off, threw it and it blew into our balcony and onto my lap.

He peeked around the corner and I held up his shirt.

He thanked me and the next thing I heard was their hasty exit back into their cabin. :p

DO TELL! HOW did you hang this hammock?

Black nylon rope around the big steel support stantions that hold up the glass partitions. Here's a picture of Voyager aft, you can see all these square steel beams.

new685.jpg

Not every balcony has them, but we are aft lovers. There was another couple above us that had one up so when we stopped in Costa Maya we bought one. We'll never leave home without it again....marvelous!

While I have never had a balcony stateroom before (never been on a cruise actually) I've had many balconies at AI resorts.

I love sitting on the balcony, smoking cigarettes and drinking beer. =)

Will be on my first cruise this June on Explorer of the Seas, in a balcony room and looking forward to it!

Like many others, I love my morning coffee and room service breakfast on the balcony. I also love watching the sunrises, sunsets with a Baileys on the rocks, an occaisional smoke, listening to the water at night. Just watching the sea go by is similar to watching a campfire - it's hypnotic in a relaxing kind of way. I think both bring us back to some innate primeval feelings buried deep in our primitive brains.

Oh, and a warning - I must admit to not always being dressed either while out there - it just feels so good to "air everything out" sometimes - don't peek around balconies if you aren't prepared for what you might see! :D

Along with all the reasons already listed, we love to watch the late comers back from port! Thats total entertainment! :D

Love to watch them too make the run for it. I still don't understand what people are thinking when they cut it so close. But, sure makes for great fun for us so who cares.

Oh, and a warning - I must admit to not always being dressed either while out there - it just feels so good to "air everything out" sometimes - don't peek around balconies if you aren't prepared for what you might see! :D

LOL, I'll have to remember that! For the most part I enjoy most of what you all do, but mostly because I'm very clausterphobic, I enjoy the openness of the balcony. On our first cruise we had an inside room, and let's just say it was a very long 7 days! ;) Happy cruising.

Black nylon rope around the big steel support stantions that hold up the glass partitions. Here's a picture of Voyager aft, you can see all these square steel beams.

Not every balcony has them, but we are aft lovers. There was another couple above us that had one up so when we stopped in Costa Maya we bought one. We'll never leave home without it again....marvelous!

Thank You for the tip! Sounds like this will be a real good reason to try an aft balcony! :)

I just booked an aft balcony (8692) on Explorer, and the 90 days until we set sail can't pass soon enough. I look forward to watching the wake, and maybe enjoying a fine cigar and a beverage of considerable age.

Hi! We've been on Explorer 1 time a year or so ago, but with Balcony 8598. This time we just switched from 8604 to a Hump Balcony (8618) for our 11/7/10 cruise, having heard so many positives. Has anyone had that balcony or one near it that could provide us with some good pictures of that Balcony. Seems very hard for me to picture it, etc. We hope there is not a loud of elevator/people noise, as we like to nap late afternoon. How about noise levels after midnight or so.

Any photos and or information anyone would like to post here is very much appreciated!!

We can't wait to revisit the beautiful Explorer in November!!

Thanks very much in advance for your time in posting.

Safe sails, always :-)

We have never been impressed with balcony cabins. We end up with either smokers and/or noisy neighbors, so we can't enjoy the balcony. You can find smoke free, noise free spaces on deck with the exact same view....and with no extra charge.

Archived