Flying to Barcelona

Kelly07

What is the most economical US city to fly out of to go to Barcelona? I can either fly out of Los Angeles or Las Vegas to the next US city on airline points but to go across the water will be the costly part of the journey. Is JFK my best choice? Thanks for your input.

What is the most economical US city to fly out of to go to Barcelona? I can either fly out of Los Angeles or Las Vegas to the next US city on airline points but to go across the water will be the costly part of the journey. Is JFK my best choice? Thanks for your input.

You should try the main hubs for international travel so I would check, LA, Atlanta, Chicago, and JFK... However, depending on when you want to go NCL has some great cruise/air promotions going to Barcalona for the October sail dates. They are running approx $1200, inside cabin, roundtrip air! Really a good deal and they have several gateways to pick from.

You should try the main hubs for international travel so I would check, LA, Atlanta, Chicago, and JFK... However, depending on when you want to go NCL has some great cruise/air promotions going to Barcalona for the October sail dates. They are running approx $1200, inside cabin, roundtrip air! Really a good deal and they have several gateways to pick from.

Where are the cruise air promotions on NCL new website???

BG

when we went from us to barcelona we found out that fares seemed to be alot of diff pricing but we was able to book with delta straight from bar to jfk and then to ohio and suprised me but roundtrip was cheaper than oneway if timing would fall right we could have sold the flight back ha ha but the round trip was 500 each and cruise was 599 so not to bad for 14 days on rcl. have a great trip.

I think it depends on your origination city. You'd probably have more choices from LAX. We fly from ELP and the times we've flown to Barcelona our best connecting airport has been Chicago. But fares change constantly so that might not be best for you.

I think the best bet is to fly on AA from LAX - JFK - BCN - and return. Make sure to have at least 2.5 - 3 hour layover in JFK (to go thru Immigration and Customs) on the return journey.

We did BDA-JFK-BCN and return and it was good - we booked it ourselves and it was cheaper than what NCL offered for just JFK-BCN return!!

If you get a super-deal LAX to London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, or Paris, then consider an Intra-Europe airline. For example, I have seen great deals from Boston to Dublin, which is a Ryanair great hub with frequent and cheap flights to Barcelona. Just recently I flew Helsinki-Stockholm for $70 (SAS). Just a thought. If you decide to go with an intra-Europe, do read the restrictions; often they can charge you for suitcases. etc....similar to the US airlines, really...

Lots and lots of options. If you have time, you might fly into one distant city, then take the train.

Look at different days of the week. Rates drop on some days. And extra days in Barcelona are wonderful.

Virgin Atlantic flies from Vegas - just another option.

Yes, RT flights often cost less than one way.

Just start plugging stuff into the computer to see what you can find. And write down the various options cause you are gonna forget them and get all confused.

Please remember this: if you want to buy duty-free booze or any liquid in Barcelona airport and travel home via any European airport, you WILL LOSE them!! Because you will go thru security checks again.

Buy them and travel directly to USA you'll keep them - simply open the checked bag when you take it off carousel on arrival in USA, take out T-shirts, wrap the bottles in them and put back into centre of bag. Then take the bag thru Customs and redeposit bag at the Connecting flight bag drop outside customs.

All passengers must go thru Immigration and Customs at the first point of entry into USA.

Archived