Constellation-Dry dock.

jackdiamond

Hi Everyone !

Elena : Well said. While I watch what Celebrity does with Constellation with great interest, I'm not completely sold on this whole Solsticizing concept. While I am a big fan of the Solstice Class, I feel the Millennium Class is near perfection. IMHO, all the M-Class needs, is some upgrading here and there. I'm willing to keep an open mind, until we see the results.

I truly hope that Celebrity doesnt ruin the feel, and allure of the M-Class, as they totally deserve their own identity. I cant wait to see photos, and comments from those who sail on Connie in May. For me, I will have to wait until November.

On another note.... would it kill Celebrity to have a mini-site, and post photos/videos of the renovations ? I love watching the work in progress. It seems like a very reasonable request. How about it Celebrity ???

We like the Martini bar on the solstice much more....if it were only a little larger! its stunning and great entertainment

Hi Toronto !

Im not a Martini drinker, and there is no doubt the Martini Bar on the S-Class is a huge winner. It's always jammed, and they have some fantastic shows there. On Equinox last week, I saw a bartender pour something like 12 stacked martini glasses at 1 time, while standing on top of the bar. I dont think he missed a drop. It was incredible !

Hi Everyone !

Elena : Well said. While I watch what Celebrity does with Constellation with great interest, I'm not completely sold on this whole Solsticizing concept. While I am a big fan of the Solstice Class, I feel the Millennium Class is near perfection. IMHO, all the M-Class needs, is some upgrading here and there. I'm willing to keep an open mind, until we see the results.

I truly hope that Celebrity doesnt ruin the feel, and allure of the M-Class, as they totally deserve their own identity. I cant wait to see photos, and comments from those who sail on Connie in May. For me, I will have to wait until November.

On another note.... would it kill Celebrity to have a mini-site, and post photos/videos of the renovations ? I love watching the work in progress. It seems like a very reasonable request. How about it Celebrity ???

Hi Andy:

Yes! a photo mini-site would be great. You'd think Celebrity would know by now how much we need to see those photos as the renovations progress. :p

In a way the already have. Here is what has been posted on their facebook page for several days:

All of that is no different than the materials we've seen since the Solsticization (oh, what a word they've coined!) was announced. Also, typically after a major project like this is completed, Celebrity will put out a press release detailing what's been done and photos of the work. That's what I'm waiting for.

I'm not completely sold on this whole Solsticizing concept. ........... I feel the Millennium Class is near perfection.

This is how I feel. Of course I haven't sailed Solstice or any of her sisters yet. But the Martini Bar on Millennium is what I fell in love with back in August 2002 and that's what really drew me back to her in 2003 and than we slowly started to get hooked on Celebrity.

Of course any cruise ship is better than none.

I'm looking forward to sailing on the "Solstellation", a proven hull that sails smoother, better storage facilities in cabins, real dance floors, but with the extra dining options and improved colour (that was one ugly combo on Connie sofas) schemes available on Solstice class. Anyone who has sailed on Century would probably realize the improvement of the Martini ice bar after her revitalization several years ago.

For those of you who can't get enough of the Constellation's drydock adventure, here is an aerial view taken April 25th of the Hamburg drydock facilities showing that the Constellation has company while being refurbished. She is at the middle left of the photo, and pointing to the right. Just below and to the left is the Balmoral (Fred Olsen Cruise Line). Below the Balmoral is the Color Fantasy (Color Line Cruises), unique in that she is the largest cruise ship with a car deck - no need to leave your car ashore; and near the middle is the Athena (Classic International Cruises), dwarfed by her larger drydock neighbors.

Enjoy!

constellation%20drydock%20company.jpg

Courtesy of cruiseheadlines.com

Good news everyone, latest I've heard from my other half is the ship's currently slightly ahead of schedule :D

That's good to hear... thank you for the update. :)

I sure wish we could have some photos of the inside as well as the outside photo posted above by Boogs. Thank you, Boogs, for the great photo!

I have one of a newly redecorated cabin, however it's also got Dave in it half naked and I'm afriad that's for my eyes only teehee! :o

Sure he's taken loads of others though so I should be able to put them up when he's back, once he's transferred them all from his phone onto the pc.

I have one of a newly redecorated cabin, however it's also got Dave in it half naked and I'm afriad that's for my eyes only teehee! :o

Sure he's taken loads of others though so I should be able to put them up when he's back, once he's transferred them all from his phone onto the pc.

Darn! ;)

I will look forward to the other photos when he gets back... thanks in advance!

I'll try the new facilities on the Northern Europe cruise on Aug 2, 2011 :)

I'm booked for June 27, 2011. I've never cruised with Celebrity, only RC. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Thanks for the update.

We will be on the Connie May 28th leaving from Amsterdam. Can't wait to see the new additions. Our friends have never been on the Connie and are looking forward to cruising on the ship we keep talking about. I will post when we get back

Barb

Archived