looking for private tour ideas for corsica

rashdecision

I am struggling to find recommendations or even names of private tour groups in corsica. We will be in Ajaccio Corsica in May and are looking for a tour guide for a family of six to take us to Les Calanches. Does anyone have any ideas. I can not find a thing on boards or in the web. Thanks for the help.

We applaud your thinking as we have been to Ajaccio a few times and really enjoyed the trip to the Calanches. Not only are the Calanches very interesting geological formations, but the long ride across the island is a great way to see an interesting part of Corsica. We are not surprised you cannot find a tour company in Ajaccio as this is a very laid-back community and most tourists that come to the island rent cars. So, we thought we would try to help and did a little research. My suggestion is to go to the islands Tourist Agency web site and contact their listed tour companies. The web site is: http://www.visit-corsica.com/fr/infotour/formtolocaux

I use Google Toolbar and they have an option to translate the French into English if you need the translation. But in your situation we would simply send e-mails to each of the agencies (write your e-mails in English) and see if you get any responses.

Hank

Thank you so much! We have really struggled trying to find tour agencies. I think we may stick with the cruise line for this stop since I have heard on the DIS board that traffic can be hectic and I would hate to miss the ship. I am very excited to see Les Calanches and the island in general.

Archived