Posting/Viewing Questions???

Cindy G

I am not computer savvy and I am not sure that I will be able to understand the answers to my questions, but here goes. I see that some of you can use different fonts, colors, and such. Can someone please explain an easy way to do that? Also, when using a different computer at a hotel during a recent trip I could see pics, cruise history, the "countdown clocks" that I read about, etc. I noticed that if I "log in" to Cruise Critic, those disappear. Is there a way to see them, without having to log out? Also, on the Connections threads, I must log in to view these, so am I correct in assuming that they don't appear on those pages?

Cindy ~ I'll try to answer all your questions. The first one is pretty easy. When you are typing your respose to a thread, you should see settings above the area where you are typing. The font box, the size of the font, followed by an A that had a bold underline (this is the font color box), etc. You should see the Bold, Italic and Underline icons here as well (show as B, I and U with an underline).

The answer to your second question is how you have your "setting" in your. To find out, click the USER CP in the pink bar at the top of the message boards page. Then scroll down to SETTINGS & OPTIONS and clikc on EDIT OPTIONS. You will find all types of settings here that will allow you to see different things when you log in.

Once you have your settings corrected, you should be able to see all of those things even when you are on the Roll Call Connections threads.

If you need more help, let us know.

I hope this info is helpful.

One other approach is to type up our post using Word which gives you many options then copy into a post. Use the 'Preview Post' to make sure it looks OK, then post it. I use Word when I have a larger post and it gives me time to think through and make sure it says what I want it to, spelling is OK, and so on.

Denny

Denny ~ I often do the same thing (typing into word) especially if I have a long post or review. But unfortunately, Cruise Critic does not always import the fonts and settings I use in word so the colors can change, etc. Great suggestion, though.

Cindy ~ trying both methods and see what works better for you. There are probably some other good tips members can pass along.

Wow, this is very cool!

In the beginning all I had was a one-line title box and a larger message box. Now I see all of the icons the other posters use.

I think my colors must be a off though. I did find "User CP" at the top of the page, but mine is in light yellow bar, not pink.

Thank you both very much for your help! CCer's are the best.

Archived