Solstice's new home berth in Dec 2010 ??

ohiojohn

Pier 18 in Port Everglades was expanded to accommodate the world’s largest cruise ships which include the Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. The Allure and Oasis will both be in Port Everglades on weekends beginning in Dec 2010. This means Pier 18 will be tied up with Oasis on Saturday's and Allure on Sunday’s. Since the Solstice’s Sunday home is Pier 18, any speculation on where Solstice’s new home will be in Dec 2010? Let’s rule out tendering to the middle of Port Everglades.

weekends are always very crowded anyhow so maybe a mid week departure date would work out? Guess we'll find out soon---still waiting!:(

We are hoping Connie sails from there too--esp after she is updated...

weekends are always very crowded anyhow so maybe a mid week departure date would work out? Guess we'll find out soon---still waiting!:(

We are hoping Connie sails from there too--esp after she is updated...

Solstice sails from Ft Lauderdale on a Sunday and Connie will sail from here on a Saturday.

Port Everglades has ample room for up to 9 ships. Celebrity will simply NOT dock at #18 anymore, but there is lots of other dock space where they can operate their turnaround.

You would never never see a tendering call in the Everglades basin.

Cheers

Hi Everyone !

Royal Caribbean also uses Pier 25, and Celebrity occasionally uses that berth as well. There are plenty of other berths at Port Everglades to accomdate Celebrity, should they need additional space.

This is one of the many reasons I'm not crazy about Oasis and Allure - I really enjoyed using Terminal 18 when I sail Celebrity. Andy is right, Royal and X also use Terminal 25 quite often. It's a nice terminal, and I bet that is where Solstice will dock next year. Last Sunday, on a crowded day in port, we also saw Infinity docked at Terminal 29, one of the terminals that's rarely used and is near the industrial port area. I've heard bad things about that one, so as long as Celebrity doesn't dock there too often, I think it will be fine.

Thanks INFI and HCAT. I am sailing on the Solstice on Dec 12 for the third time, and will miss the expanded Terminal 18. Maybe pier 25 can be a positive experience. Also, Solstice and Allure will be in St Thomas and St Martin ( Wed & Thur) at the same time, maybe not so positive if you do not like crowds. But with the prices so low for Dec 12, maybe this time is an off peak time, so crowds will be small prior to Christmas.

Terminal 29 is the pits !!!

I got off the Infinity last Sunday at Terminal 29 (after B2B2B for 6 weeks in Antactica, South America & Panama Canal). It took at least an hour more than Celebrity expected. Customs actually stopped letting people off the ship for half an hour because it was so crowded. When we did get off it was a total zoo!!! The terminal is too small even for the Infinity, if they were to try and put the Solstice there it would be a nighmare.

Archived