30% obstruction for Brilliance cabin 7170??? What is it???

I just booked cabin 7170 on the Brilliance, it is not listed as an obstructed cabin on RCCL website, but my travel agent (not RCCL) said that it is listed as having a 30% obstruction...Does anyone know what the obstruction is?? Life boat?? Window washing equipment?? Wall?? HELP!!!! Any pics will be greatly appreciated. :)

I just booked two very similar cabins (same 30% obstruction) on port side and my TA said it was lifeboats below the balcony. She recommended I go to E2 for just $50 more but I liked the location of the two E3s better. The TA said it would only be a nuisance when looking straight down.

I just booked cabin 7170 on the Brilliance, it is not listed as an obstructed cabin on RCCL website, but my travel agent (not RCCL) said that it is listed as having a 30% obstruction...Does anyone know what the obstruction is?? Life boat?? Window washing equipment?? Wall?? HELP!!!! Any pics will be greatly appreciated. :)

7170 is the very last cabin on port side. That cabin has a wall (part of the superstructure on the outside of the balcony. I´m not sure how to describe it best, but the glass railing is not the full width of the balcony, but part of it will be a solid steel wall and not only railing height, but floor to ceiling. It can also have the windowwasher in front of it.

This is starboard side:

beiu51.jpg

I took a peek when the door was open once - there was definitely a coccoon effect from the metal work on one side which perhaps covered 25% of the balcony, which means that you could not look aft but on the plus side the balcony was much deeper in depth and has a full size sun lounger in addition to the chairs and table.

I would be happy to have this room.

We had a comparable cabin--the last on the aft side...the 'obstruction' is nothing to worry about. Your view will be wide open, but there is a ladder than hangs from above...it in NO WAY obstructs anything....after a few minutes, you don't even notice it. And the extra space behind the aft wall...great for napping! Don't be afraid of this balcony!

• 3 years later...

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but can anyone with experience in these cabins comment on the noise from the lounges below? I'm debating whether to keep a guaranteed booking that was assigned to 7170 (Jewel OTS) or to pay the price hike for an assigned room.

It sounds like the obstructed view shouldn't be an automatic deal breaker here... is there a noise issue from the lounges on 6 though?

Added as Edit: Other threads sound like there is a fair amount of noise from the lounges below, but that it ends around midnight or so. Comments from personal experience are still appreciated!

Edited by jb008

• 5 months later...

Hi Jud123,

I have just booked cabin 7170 on brilliance of the seas and have stumbled across a worrying cabin review.. Could I trouble you for your thoughts on the obstruction and noise issue please?

Many thanks :)