Do 2 Twins really convert to a king?

rsharma1033

This is my first time on a carnival ship (we're on the Freedom) and I know it sounds silly but I'm wondering if the two twins do feel like the size of a King sized bed or if they feel smaller.

I was aboard an NCL ship last year and their beds were queen size but felt a little smaller.

This is my first time on a carnival ship (we're on the Freedom) and I know it sounds silly but I'm wondering if the two twins do feel like the size of a King sized bed or if they feel smaller.

I was aboard an NCL ship last year and their beds were queen size but felt a little smaller.

Somewhere between a queen and king, leaning closer to a king.

Yes, two twins convert to something King-ish.

According to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattress a twin is 39" W x 75" or 80" L, and a King is 76" W x 80" L. So the two twins are a little wider than a standard king, but possibly not quite as long (if they're the 75" L variety).

- Steve

Yes, two twins convert to something King-ish.

According to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattress a twin is 39" W x 75" or 80" L, and a King is 76" W x 80" L. So the two twins are a little wider than a standard king, but possibly not quite as long (if they're the 75" L variety).

- Steve

I always thought the box springs for a king is 2 twin box springs

I always thought the box springs for a king is 2 twin box springs

It is. My king bed at home is the 80" length, and the mattress overhangs the box springs by about 5 inches. It's also 78" wide, which the larger kings are.

How does the center of that king bed on the cruise feel? Due to some circumstances, I may wind up with a room to myself. If it feels normal in the center, it would be nice to have a king bed to myself.

I cruise solo all the time and have a big king bed all to myself. It has happened only on ONE ship where I could sleep in or near the middle of the bed. Every other bed there seems to be a hump or a something that keeps me from sleepiung in the middle of the bed. I have tried to pull the bed apart a little bit, but that didn't make much difference. I think the problem is that lip/edge around each mattress sticks out enough to make it uncomfortable to sleep in the middle.

You can give it a try and hope for the best.....

I cruise solo all the time and have a big king bed all to myself. It has happened only on ONE ship where I could sleep in or near the middle of the bed. Every other bed there seems to be a hump or a something that keeps me from sleepiung in the middle of the bed. I have tried to pull the bed apart a little bit, but that didn't make much difference. I think the problem is that lip/edge around each mattress sticks out enough to make it uncomfortable to sleep in the middle.

You can give it a try and hope for the best.....

We only had this issue (hump in the middle) once and that was on an older ship years ago. On Victory, Triumph, Glory and Legend (and even Sensation two years ago) we had no problems with the bed.

They feel normal, you wouldnt feel the crack.

It depends on the beds - I've cruised three times and felt the crack twice and not the third time - neither crack was uncomfortable enough to bother me however - it was really minor.

I seem to recall last year on the Pride that the twins weren't standard twins. They were definitely the length of a King or Queen but not as wide as a standard twin, so the resulting bed is somewhere larger than a queen but smaller than a normal king. We sleep on a queen at home and the bed on the ship was at least as spacious, and frankly, more comfortable than our Serta Perfect Sleeper bed at home.

Archived