Conquest Still In Port???

parrotthead

There was a thread this morning about fog. I didnt read it too carefully, but she could have been late getting in it sounded like.

I was looking at the webcams this morning and it was foggy...

did not know how late she was...

or if they were going to be fogged in too...

First time we were on the Ecsatsy, we were fogged out, did not get thru customs till after 6pm....the (poor) folks boarding were fogged in that night too....did not leave till the next day...:(

Not just still in port but we are still waiting to debark then they will have to reload for the bunch who I fear will not be going anywhere tonight since the fog is back we had a great cruise but it has been a long day and if they ever let us off we still have a six hour drive home

It does look like the fog is rolling back in. I doubt seriously that the Conquest sails today. There are going to be some very unhapy folks. I would be more than happy to take any one of their places though ;)

Me too.

And I could get there before she leaves, if she stays around a while...

Which, Yes, I agree, looks like shes tucked in for the night....

Not just still in port but we are still waiting to debark then they will have to reload for the bunch who I fear will not be going anywhere tonight since the fog is back we had a great cruise but it has been a long day and if they ever let us off we still have a six hour drive home

Just spend the night in Galveston...

you dont want to drive over the causeway in that fog (lease I wouldnt)

When we were fogged out, we just stayed on the island and drove back to Dallas the next day...too tired to make that drive AND worry with fog...

Be safe.

I thought the ship came in around 4! Why are you not debarking yet? That is a very long day, and I think, if possible, I would opt for that hotel room myself. I am glad that you had a great cruise, but sorry for you that it has to end this way, but even sorrier for the passengers who are waiting to board and have probably been sitting/standing in that terminal most of the day, and then still probably won't sail tonight.

If you do drive home tonight, please be careful!

I might have gotten lucky. I was semi wanting to book Voyager (did RCL the last 3 Easters), and still a little tired of cruising and booked a gambling trip that leaves tomorrow instead ... not from Galveston :D.

Im kinda glad I missed this ... Im assuming Voyager is stuck too. (it has two more cruises todays and next Sundays before its gone until next Nov).

Just had my second cheeseburger of the day it's the only thing available and we are still waiting. They have called 1 thru 4 of luggage passengers we are 22 and it's been awhile since the last numbers were called. Long day for everyone involved

When we were fogged Out on the Ecstasy, I LOVED it...(bonus!)

They had lunch for us, the comedian did a show, the entertainmant staff printed up a 'makeSHIFT" Capers, had trivia, gameshows, name that tune...Capt Scala even took the ship back out (12 miles) so they could open the casion and shops, offered some free internet time, so people could change flights, etc.

~there were those who were mad/grumpy/putout, but it was all good for most of the passengers.

Debarking was a pain tho, because they were rushed...and the Customs Agents (you could tell) were more then ready to go home, we were the last of our line to go thru customs, and the officer was like "welcome home" (then he asked the usual questions) stamped our form smiled and said 'have a good evening, Im going home."-least amount of time we have ever spent at the desk :)

:)

. . . the entertainmant staff printed up a 'make****f' Capers, . . .

:)

This made me chuckle. :p I totally get how it happened, but amazed CC caught the typo in the middle of a word and poofed it. :D

Trying to think of a few other innocent situations that would cause the same. :)

This made me chuckle. :p I totally get how it happened, but amazed CC caught the typo in the middle of a word and poofed it. :D

Trying to think of a few other innocent situations that would cause the same. :)

I Swear it said "makeShift"

(did my fingers get flying too fast? did I get the F adn T reversed?)

If so...sorry Mods, it was totally unintentional, I PROMISE !!!

~Went back and Fixed it to my orignial meaning!!!~

(sorry again)

< insert embaressed face here >

I am a little confused...if the ship is in port, why can't you start debarking?:confused:

Customs has to clear the ship. They have to inspect it both above & below the waterline & that can take a couple of hours sometimes. Until they release the ship, NO ONE can get off.

Happened to us last Easter on Conquest. We left Easter Sunday, and the next Sunday when we got in, the port was closed down due to fog. We finally got in and off the ship around 2. Wasn't bad...they finally kicked us out of our cabin around 10, so we had to just sit around for a few hours.

I am a little confused...if the ship is in port, why can't you start debarking?:confused:

They have started, but appearently they did not get in till (4ish?) and then had to clear customs...a while ago, she/he stated they had called 1-4, but poster was luggage tag 22.

Just had my second cheeseburger of the day it's the only thing available and we are still waiting. They have called 1 thru 4 of luggage passengers we are 22 and it's been awhile since the last numbers were called. Long day for everyone involved

Heres the post I was referring to...that was 6:57 local time

(Texas time)

Archived