Mojito\'Rita or other tastings

lvcruises

I was just wondering if NCL was still doing the tastings on Sea Days. We are going on the Sun in Oct, I think her first trip out after the repositioning so there isn't anything for me to search for. I figured if they were still doing it on other cruises they should be doing them on the Sun too. Please let me and if you remember the prices.:D

We just returned from the Spirit and participated in two martini tastings - one on the first sea day and one on the last, different martinis at each. We also did the pub crawl which was a lot of fun. I think they had a beer tasting, wine tasting and margarita tasting although I couldn't tell you which days.

Chickadee66.....Leaving on the 7th of May on the Spirit....how was your cruise? I had read previously about your rough year financially...did the cruise give you a brief break? Have you done a review of it? Hope you had a blast!

Chickadee66.....Leaving on the 7th of May on the Spirit....how was your cruise? I had read previously about your rough year financially...did the cruise give you a brief break? Have you done a review of it? Hope you had a blast!

We did have a great time but it was a little long for us and we were all so tired when we got home. There's just so much to do and you want to do it all! I will try to put together a review soon.

Martini tasting has always been our favorite. Just don't do it with a beer tasting right afterwards. Green tummy, ick!

We did the first martini tasting 30 minutes after our team won the pub crawl! We figured while we're at it, might as well continue...

I was on the Dawn back in August, and we did the Mojito Tasting. It was one of the best things we did on the cruise. I think we paid $15, and we got to "taste" about 7 different flavors (I think it was 7 - give or take 1 or 2). Anyway, there were only a few people attending, and each sample was about 3/4 the size of a regular drink - so we got our money's worth, enjoyed the different flavors, and had a great time stumbling back to our cabin. I highly recommend it.

Navigator71 - just posted my review!

:D:p Well, I can't say we didn't enjoy ourselves at the time...

We did the first martini tasting 30 minutes after our team won the pub crawl! We figured while we're at it, might as well continue...

Just back from last week's sailing of the Jewel. There were many tastings (even on port days...usually at 5pm just after "all aboard"). We did the margarita tasting and martini tasting back to back. Also did the bourbon whiskey tasting a different day. The tapas bar offered a tequila tasting any day...you walked up and asked for it, and you got to try four shots of tequila for 15 bucks. We did that twice in one night. Other tastings I saw in the Freestyle Daily were beers of the world, sake, beer and food pairings, wine and food pairings, scotch whiskeys, and multiple martini tastings...different ones each time. They also did the pub crawl THREE nights because of demand.

Just back from last week's sailing of the Jewel. There were many tastings (even on port days...usually at 5pm just after "all aboard"). We did the margarita tasting and martini tasting back to back. Also did the bourbon whiskey tasting a different day. The tapas bar offered a tequila tasting any day...you walked up and asked for it, and you got to try four shots of tequila for 15 bucks. We did that twice in one night. Other tastings I saw in the Freestyle Daily were beers of the world, sake, beer and food pairings, wine and food pairings, scotch whiskeys, and multiple martini tastings...different ones each time. They also did the pub crawl THREE nights because of demand.

That sounds great. Last April on the Pearl we only had tastings on the 2 sea days and there were just 2-3 a day. It would be really nice to have them spread out on other days so you could try more. I'm not a beer person but the couple we are going with love beer so the pub crawl would be great for them. Thanks for all the great information.

We also did the Margarita tasting--six margaritas plus one shot of tequila for $15. DH did scotch tasting one port day at 5 pm--also $15. Met up with folks who did the wine and food pairing--generous servings--also $15. Pub crawlers seemed to have a great time--all three times.

We were on the Dawn in March. Did the martini tasting. It was well worth the $15. Wanted to do the sangria and the mojito tasting. Both of these needed 10 people and we did not have the ten so it was cancelled. At the mojito tasting the bartender gave us a free mojito for showing up.

We are hoping to do some of the tastings...martini, mojito, etc....hopefully we will have enough participants.

Anyway.....do we give an extra tip to the bartender or is the 15% added to the $15.00 enough?? If an extra tip was given, about how much?

We originally were going to try the Martini tasting, since we love all the frou-frou flavors (sour apple, cosmos, mango, etc.) but the offerings were mostly classic style martinis and we do not enjoy them very much...so we went to the Margarita tasting intead...lots of fruity yummy flavors. We enjoyed it very much and it was a real value for $15. You can even split the $15 worth of drinks with another person if you like...

Want to try the Pub Crawl next time, looked like a lot of fun on our last cruise...

That sounds great. Last April on the Pearl we only had tastings on the 2 sea days and there were just 2-3 a day. It would be really nice to have them spread out on other days so you could try more. I'm not a beer person but the couple we are going with love beer so the pub crawl would be great for them. Thanks for all the great information.

The pub crawl is not a beer only tasting...

It has a variety of drinks. Where you go and what you drink depends on the ship and who is running the crawl. Plus, there are games and competitions.

I did them on the GEM and the DAWN. Started out with a beer on the DAWN. On the GEM, the only beer was a boiler maker type of concoction--with a dark type beer (I think it may have been BASS, since they had that on tap) and amaretto. There was also an additional beer for the guys as a competition--they had to take the bottle, which was positioned between their partner's legs, and take it with their mouth and drain it as quickly as possible--no hands allowed!

It is REALLY fun, just not for the light weights out there!

I've often thought the same thing. I hate when I have to choose between tastings. But last year, we managed to do a martini tasting on the same day as a pub crawl (NOT recommended) and a mojito tasting back to back with a martini tasting on another day. Mojito is my favorite! :D Warning: back to back tastings leads to full on ROFL-coptering!

Hey, Robyn, I'm glad you described the pub crawl - I don't remember it as well as you do! :rolleyes:;)

The pub crawl is not a beer only tasting...

It has a variety of drinks. Where you go and what you drink depends on the ship and who is running the crawl. Plus, there are games and competitions.

I did them on the GEM and the DAWN. Started out with a beer on the DAWN. On the GEM, the only beer was a boiler maker type of concoction--with a dark type beer (I think it may have been BASS, since they had that on tap) and amaretto. There was also an additional beer for the guys as a competition--they had to take the bottle, which was positioned between their partner's legs, and take it with their mouth and drain it as quickly as possible--no hands allowed!

It is REALLY fun, just not for the light weights out there!

Now that does sound like fun...maybe we will have to try one. Are they $15 also?

Archived