Can we board at different times?

extractfairy

People sharing a credit card must board together. but I am assuming that you will have separate accounts/cards, so you can check in separately. EM

That's not entirely accurate. Our daughters were booked in a different room, but were on our credit card. They boarded later than us. What we had to do, however, was once they got to check-in, they called me and I got off the ship to meet them at check-in to sign the cc authorization.

That's not entirely accurate. Our daughters were booked in a different room, but were on our credit card. They boarded later than us. What we had to do, however, was once they got to check-in, they called me and I got off the ship to meet them at check-in to sign the cc authorization.

They could have set themselves up on a cash basis and then taken care of their accounts at the pursers desk.

They could have set themselves up on a cash basis and then taken care of their accounts at the pursers desk.

Didn't think of that. Next time! (question though...don't you have to HAVE some cash to give at checkin?)

You can always prebuy fun ship dollars and have them applied to their OBC. That way when they check in all they have to do is tell them that they already have cash in their account. So no need to make another deposit or put down a cc then.

Of course some workers don't realize you can do that. Our last one said I need cash or a cc to activate your account. We said we already purchased our OBC with funship dollars and had them applied. Her reply was then I need your funship dollars, we explained they already applied them and she said no they can't do that, they mail them. We told her to pull up our account and she'd see there was already over $1,000 cash in it. Yep it was there, then she said well you aren't suppose to do it that way LOL

But the point is, if they are on your credit card, you can check in without them, but they CANNOT check in without you. You had to go down to check them in. EM

Archived