Explain cabin categories

guntheros

I am curious what the difference between an 8B and 8C balcony is. Is it supposed to be more money or a better location? Is it any bigger? We were originally in a 8B balcony on the 6th floor. We added another group and wanted connecting balconies, so we were moved to an 8C category on the 8th floor. This moved us from the midship/aft area to very forward rooms. 8204/8208. Is this a good move? It was the same price.

No difference in the rooms, the higher the deck the more you pay for it. Haven't stayed forward yet so can't help you there. Some people have said it was rougher forward:confused:. Maybe someone else will answer your post.

8 means balcony. For the most part all balconies are the same with only slight modifications possible.

The "B" or "C" just tells you which deck you'll be on and/or location on the ship ie, forward, middle, aft.

Your particular change is not good/not bad just different location.

I feel the motion of the ship less in mid-ship cabins, so that is what I prefer. Some people have mentioned that you can sometimes hear the anchor being dropped in some of the Forward cabins. Anytime I've been in the showroom (which is at the front of the ships), and the seas are rough, I can really feel the rocking of the ship up there.

The cabin itself will be exactly the same.

I would check on the deck plans to see what is above and below you. Cabins that are right under the pool area of Lido deck have been reported to be very noisy, since the crew moves the chairs around in the very early morning, and scraping sounds can be heard if you are in a cabin underneath.

Personally, I don't care at all about being on a higher deck. I look for cabins that are close to mid-ship, not above or below noisy areas like the disco, Lido pool, piano bar, etc.

Archived