Renting a car in Villefranche...

twobluecats

...so I realize that the topic of Villefranche to Eze (and Nice and Monte Carlo) has been beaten to death here, and I truly appreciate all the helpful information.

We are on the fence on whether to rent a car in Villefranche (we arrive at 8am on a Monday morning and sail at 7pm) or just rely on mass transportation.

Eze is definitely on my list, and Nice sounds nice as I believe that they have the antiques market on Mondays. I would love a visit to St. Paul De Vence as well. If we make it to Monte Carlo, great, but we would really prefer the more quaint villages since this is our last stop on the cruise, and we will have already been toured to death in Rome, Naples, Florence, etc.

Any advise on renting a car (where, who, how much to expect, driving issues) and route to take considering our time would be greatly appreciated.

We are a couple in our 40s and doing private tours for just the two of us at most of our other ports.

THANKS TO ALL!

I know Europcar doesn't have an office in Villefrance-sur-mer (there is one in V-sur-Saone but that is a bit north) You will most likely have to go into Nice to get one and drop it off might be a bit too much hassle.

Ok,, now I am having a senior moment but there is a local rental car company that maintains an office at the Villefranche tender pier building and does rent cars (except on Sundays). But, and the big but, I do not remember the name of this company. Perhaps somebody else has a better memory, but it will come to me eventually.

Ok. The senior moment only lasted 3 minutes so I can edit this post :) The rental car company is :http://locauto.fr/index_uk.htm

Hank

Looking at their site the map shows nothing, but google shows that the Villefranche outlet may actually be in Beaulieu sur mer. This is not a killer, but it is about 2 miles away from the tender pier. So what is there at the tender site is like a when the ship is in branch? That would do the trick.

Reminds me of two things driving in this area.

First, the only way up and down from Eze is to drive it yourself. Love that drive it is sort of like Lombard St. in San Francisco or the Amalfi coast in Italy, something to be done once in your life.

Second except in Eze finding parking in the Cote d'Azur can be incredibly difficult.

Looking at their site the map shows nothing, but google shows that the Villefranche outlet may actually be in Beaulieu sur mer. This is not a killer, but it is about 2 miles away from the tender pier. So what is there at the tender site is like a when the ship is in branch? That would do the trick.

Reminds me of two things driving in this area.

First, the only way up and down from Eze is to drive it yourself. Love that drive it is sort of like Lombard St. in San Francisco or the Amalfi coast in Italy, something to be done once in your life.

Second except in Eze finding parking in the Cote d'Azur can be incredibly difficult.

Parking is also pretty easy at St Paul de Vence since there is a large pay parking garage near the city entrance.

Hank

Archived