Bermuda Itinerary & transpo help

BobKat406

Heading to Bermuda this Saturday (will dock Monday and Tuesday). Based on everything I have been reading, have come up with a sudo-plan:

Day 1: Ferry to St. George in the morning (9-9:30). Check out Fort St. Catherine, Tobacco Bay Beach, Perfume Factory (is there still Wench dunking at noon?) Is it worth the trip to St. David's Lighthouse? Anything else we should see there other than taking a quick walk around the area?

Bus to Hamilton (which one)? Do they still have walking tours at 2:30 p.m. Go to Underwater Institute and maybe the aquarium. Is there anything else that is a "not miss" in Hamilton?

Then we'll head back to the Dockyard for dinner on the boat (is the Ferry the best way to go?)

We'll probably walk around the dockyard that evening after dinner (maybe check out the Frog and Onion)

Day 2: Southampton for Gibb's Lighthouse and Horsehoe Bay (which bus is the best)?

Back to Dockyard for Sea Glass at beach by royal naval cemetary, glass blowing and shopping.

Back on ship in time to depart.

Does this sound doable or "wishful thinking"?

Would love opinions and suggestions!

Thanks!!!:rolleyes:

BobKat - I can't help you but can I ask you to help me?

We are on this exact trip in May. You have described almost my exact thoughts perfectly. I'll be travelling with a model and doing locations shoots.

When you get back, would you let me know how much of this actually worked. In return, I'll direct you to the new images from 5 days of shooting this lady:

http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/dustyashore

BobKat406,

St. Georges if you can get there asap. What a wonderful location . "the historic town of St. Georges — "St. George-ees," as the locals call it."

Golf?

They do hold the Dunking of her when you are scheduled.

Historical “dunking” is reenacted every day (except Friday and Saturday) at King's Square. Following the re-enactment, enjoy Bermudian entertainment and in the summer months, St. George’s Market Nights – a lively street fair for family fun.

Costumed interpreters such as Alison Outerbridge, dressed in colonial garb, bring to life such characters as a 17th-century housewife whose habitual nagging earns her a punishment that leaves her soaked and sputtering. For the benefit of bemused visitors, Outerbridge gets strapped to an old-time ducking stool and plunged into the water. "Like falling off a log," she says nonchalantly. "Sometimes that water is quite cold, but the tourists love to see me take my punishment."

Continue your tour at King's Square, the historic heart of the charming town and the scene of the annual Peppercorn Ceremony in late April. With great pomp, city officials accept the annual rent in the amount of a single peppercorn for the Old State House, dating from 1621 a.d. , according to an agreement with Freemasons made early in the 19th century.

Tourists like to get into the act as well. It's a rare day that you don't find sightseers posing for pictures in a replica of the stocks used in the 1600s to punish colonists who committed minor offences. The square also has a pillory, in which those convicted of more egregious crimes were forced to stand for the length of their sentence, and a whipping post, for which few visitors volunteer.

My fav quote by Alison Outerbridge is"

It is no punishment, however, to live in St. George's. Quite the contrary, says Outerbridge. For a lover of history who leads tours throughout the town, St. George's is a bit of heaven."

Leave the square and climb the steep stone steps up to St. Peter's Church, the oldest Protestant house of worship in continuous use in the New World. The first building was erected on this site in 1612.

SLOWwww down when your in the Bermudian Islands as they will provide you so much to see and do.

You will be back!;)

Heading to Bermuda this Saturday (will dock Monday and Tuesday). Based on everything I have been reading, have come up with a sudo-plan:

Day 1: Ferry to St. George in the morning (9-9:30). Check out Fort St. Catherine, Tobacco Bay Beach, Perfume Factory (is there still Wench dunking at noon?) Is it worth the trip to St. David's Lighthouse? Anything else we should see there other than taking a quick walk around the area?

Bus to Hamilton (which one)? Do they still have walking tours at 2:30 p.m. Go to Underwater Institute and maybe the aquarium. Is there anything else that is a "not miss" in Hamilton?

Then we'll head back to the Dockyard for dinner on the boat (is the Ferry the best way to go?)

We'll probably walk around the dockyard that evening after dinner (maybe check out the Frog and Onion)

Day 2: Southampton for Gibb's Lighthouse and Horsehoe Bay (which bus is the best)?

Back to Dockyard for Sea Glass at beach by royal naval cemetary, glass blowing and shopping.

Back on ship in time to depart.

Does this sound doable or "wishful thinking"?

Would love opinions and suggestions!

Thanks!!!:rolleyes:

The only thing I see is that the Aquarium is not in Hamilton, nor anywhere near it. It is closer to St. George's, but on the bus route between Hamilton and St. George's.

You might want to visit Fort Hamilton, which has great views of the town and Harbour. I always recommend a quick round trip ferry ride on the "pink route" to see the whole harbour.

As to getting back to Dockyard from Hamilton, the ferry is definitely the fastest way, and a lovely trip to boot.

View from Fort Hamilton

252353011DdDXlX_fs.jpgfort-hamilton.jpg

Ferry Corona, sailing on the Pink Route

corona-the-local-ferry.jpg

Some pics of the Harbour from the ferry

n506630757_1064157_9116.jpg

n506630757_1064158_9420.jpg

n506630757_141579_9917.jpg

Archived