nervous about missing the boat

winterstar

I think my husband is getting tired of me constantly prattling on about Alaska. He said "Don't worry about money, do what ever you want, honey."

*giggle* Well this is what I did:

In Juneau I booked BOTH the glacier dogsledding AND the 2 hour glacier hike with Nort Star trekking (booked independantly). The only problem is that they expect us to be back at the Saloon (it was called the Red Dog Saloon I think) at 5:15pm and the ship is leaving at 6pm. I know that we are supposed to be back on the ship by 5:30 to avoid missing it. Is 15 minutes cutting it too close?

(I'm sailing on Vision of the Seas).

I would appreciate your input.

Thanks! :D

15 minutes seems pretty close to me. I leave 1+ hour just to be sure that something doesn't go wrong. Did you talk to Northstar and tell them what ship you're on and get an opinion from them?

As an aside, I'd like to invite your husband to sponsor my future travels. Its a very worthy cause.

Again- was this scheduling fully disclosed to the vender and did they agree with this timeframe?? For me, I have all tours end an hour before I have to be on board and hour and half before sailing. AND I have never missed a ship. :) Try and adjust this scheduling?? Or do the glacier dog sledding in Skagway. All it will take is one delay to throw everything off. One further point- are each of these helicopter trips booked independent of each other?? You could perhaps firm up the time more if you schedule them one after the other- it is a waste of time to be sent back and forth downtown between them.

Yes, you guys are right--the voice of reason to my insanity. The more I thought about it the more worried I got. :D I cancelled the dog sledding and will stick to the two hour glacier trek, but an earlier one. I think I got a little over-excited is all.

Thanks!!

Archived