ChoiceAir

beachfanatic

Why would anyone use ChoiceAir? I see that prices are the same plus the fee? Would like to hear from anyone that has used it?

For my upcoming cruise it was significantly cheaper than anything I can find. It seems that for international flights - especially one way tickets (i.e. for transatlantic or repositioning cruises) there are sometimes some really amazing deals. You are likely to get consolidator tickets, so there are some drawbacks, but in my situation it was definitely the best option.

We are on a transatlantic cruise this month. We, and our TA checked all available flights, Celebrity Air, then Choice Air. Choice Air was over $600 cheaper than the next lowest fare we could find, either booking ourselves or any other way. In fact, our carrier gave us the exact amount Choice Air paid for our flights, and I can assure you, we only paid Choice Air marginally more than half of the fare.

Although it is hit or miss, it tends to be particularly good for open jaw itineraries (fly into one airport and out another), one-ways trips (Trans-Atlantics) and late bookings when the "cheap seats" are gone form other carriers. We always check multiple places including Choice air. We've used Choice air on several occasions when it is the least expensive option and have been very happy with it.

We used choice air for our upcoming ta in Oct. All fares I checked were much higher than the $300 pp we paid on choice air. Also, I was able to pick the airline and flight I wanted. They assured me that if there is a problem with the flight, Celebrity will help in re-booking us.

We used choice air for our upcoming ta in Oct. All fares I checked were much higher than the $300 pp we paid on choice air. Also, I was able to pick the airline and flight I wanted. They assured me that if there is a problem with the flight, Celebrity will help in re-booking us.[/quote]

That's in writing on the Celebrity site. It was more than half savedfor us.

Same situation for us. Choice Air was a much better fare from CLT to FCO in October. Even though we later decided to change our itinerary and did have to pay a penalty because of a fare difference, we are still way ahead.

I would certainly at least recommend comparing Choice Air with any other options.

I booked a cruise with air. I am planning to look for cheaper flights.

Does anyone know why choice air will not show you any fares when you have air included??

I just want to comparison shop.

• 4 weeks later...
I booked a cruise with air. I am planning to look for cheaper flights.

Does anyone know why choice air will not show you any fares when you have air included??

I just want to comparison shop.

There is a phone #. Call them! I think X wants to keep the flights straight and doesn't want you to end up with two flights for the same trip.

Email me at dcz travel at aol dot com and I'll check for you. I think you are on our TA oct 31. If it is for a different period of time they won't let me check. They give you a couple of weeks before and a couple of weeks after grace period for travel.

There is a phone #. Call them! I think X wants to keep the flights straight and doesn't want you to end up with two flights for the same trip.

Email me at dcz travel at aol dot com and I'll check for you. I think you are on our TA oct 31. If it is for a different period of time they won't let me check. They give you a couple of weeks before and a couple of weeks after grace period for travel.

Hi:),

Thanks for the response. I did end up calling Choice Air.

Are you still with us on the Equinox TA Oct 31???:confused:

No. I decided to take my next TA in 2011. Enjoy yourself:). TA's are my favourite cruises.

We want to fly from Rome FCO to Heathrow in london May 22,2011 & then fly from london Heathrow to Los Angeles Intl ,LAX on May 27,2011 .We are too early for Choice Air to help us ;but ,they can book our airline of choice . Recontacting them in June to get quotes as well as getting quotes from the airline directly .

I can't remember if people have said that if you book a choiceair flight that it can't be cancelled.

Help.:)

You can cancel but there is a penalty. It's the way most of us buy airline tickets now. Those of us who travel for pleasure usually buy the least expensive tickets which are non refundable and have a penalty for change.

If you are saving $600. and have to pay a $100. or so penalty to change or cancel you are still ahead of the game.

You can cancel but there is a penalty. It's the way most of us buy airline tickets now. Those of us who travel for pleasure usually buy the least expensive tickets which are non refundable and have a penalty for change.

If you are saving $600. and have to pay a $100. or so penalty to change or cancel you are still ahead of the game.

Hi Dianne:)

Thanks again!

. . . They assured me that if there is a problem with the flight, Celebrity will help in re-booking us.

I'm a bit skeptical as to what Celebrity is actually committing to do. I've read through their web page on this: http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/transportation/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=air

It says ". . .if there is a delay or schedule change, Celebrity will work with the airlines to "repair" the trip; to either get you to your port on an alternate flight, or if necessary, to the next available port." They only commit to "work with" the airlines - whatever that means. This statement is not a commitment to pay to get you to the next port. At this point, I'd still recommend getting trip insurance to cover the costs of a flight delay.

On my Carribbean cruise last year, our arrival was delayed 4 hours. This was due to the fact that there was a medical emergency the night before.

Celebrity took care of rebooking all the passengers that booked their air with them. Everyone was allowed long distance phone calls.

Those that booked their own flights had to rebook their own.

Hope this helps:)

Hi, we booked with choice air from Calgary to San Juan for Jan/11 and the price was exactly the same and we get the benefit of working with Celebrity if there's a flight problem (snowstorms are common here in January)

Archived