Dress Code for Teens and Tweens

MIAMIMEDIA

For those who have kids and have traveled on Celebrity recently to the Caribbean: (Actual recent experience)

I have a thress kids, ages 13, 11, 9. Are Khaki pants and a collared shirt, for boys, on regular nights OK to wear? Are NICE dark sneakers for boys OK? NOW about for girls... Sundresses and nice sandals on regular nights, is that OK?

Basically, what is the "actual" dress code for kids in the MDR dining room?

Thanks

Actually those are fine for casual nights on Celebrity. For formal nights, I would suggest at least khakis and button down shirts with a tie for formal nights for the boys, and for your daughter.......well, most girls like to dress up....so maybe a really nice dress. She can wear it for both formal nights.....and despite what she says, no one will notice if she wears the same dress both formal nights! :):p;)

Basically for kids of your ages, the suggested dress code for adults extends to kids their ages.

I have a 12yo boy and a 10 yr old dd. For fromal night ds will wear a blazer, tie and khakis. I am going to splurge and buy some sort of shoe for him to wear. On non formal days I am bring 3 pair of khakis and 4-5 short sleeve polo style shirts with a collar. We are on a 9 night cruise so he will be wearing some things twice. For my dd bought one nice dressy dress for the two formal nights and sun dresses with sandals, nice capris with a few different tops and a white sweater if it gets chilly in the dining room.

For those who have kids and have traveled on Celebrity recently to the Caribbean: (Actual recent experience)

I have a thress kids, ages 13, 11, 9. Are Khaki pants and a collared shirt, for boys, on regular nights OK to wear? Are NICE dark sneakers for boys OK? NOW about for girls... Sundresses and nice sandals on regular nights, is that OK?

Basically, what is the "actual" dress code for kids in the MDR dining room?

Thanks

I've not been on Celebrity but based on other cruise lines I'm going to say yes those will be just fine. Sundresses and sandals are perfect for girls! In fact most cruise lines seem to be pretty easy going about their dress code. As long as you don't wear jeans, shorts, or tank tops you can get buy with a lot. I've worn plain t-shirts, khaki capris and my beach flip flops to dinner on a regular night.

What you described sounds like it would work fine. The same khakis with either polo (smart casual) or button down (formal) keeps packing efficient for boys. And yes, completely plain black sneakers (that don't draw attention to the fact that they're sneakers) pair quite well and also keep the packing down. Girls always require a bit more packing, as they usually dress up a bit more on formal nights. I'd find shoes that can dress up and down a bit, to work with their nicer formal dress and their summery sundresses as well.

My children really like the ritual for 'dressing for dinner' in situations like cruising -- even if they're back to the cabin to change immediately after dinner.

Our most recent X experience was Med (late November) -- casual nights were pretty much collared shirts and khakhis for the U21 male set. Teen girls did take the opportunity to dress up a bit more.

Formal was about as formal as I have seen on a cruise (RCCI, Princess, NCL, X) on Celebrity, but generally a shirt & tie and dressy pants for boys. The girls had "nice" dresses (DD shopped the after Homecoming sales and scored a lace and taffatta dress for $9.00 at Gordmans.

Have a great time on your cruise

Archived