SURVEY: "The more I cruise, the less I ... ??"

Hi, Everyone!

I'm curious ...

How have your interests/activities changed as you've cruised more and more?

Personally, I know that early on, my wife and I tried to cram every single minute with some sort of activity (from napkin folding to walk-a-miles) -- now, I just want a quiet place to hang out, enjoying the sea with a good book and a margarita. I've also mellowed out a lot. I used to be a VERY critical and demanding passenger, but nothing much seems to bother me anymore (hence, my "CalmCruiserNC" screenname). I might also just be getting older -- LOL!!

To answer my own question, the more I cruise, the less busy I wanna be.

So, have you changed as you've become a more seasoned cruiser? If so, how?

CalmCruiserNC

Yep, we always did Disney vacations, we're huge Disney buffs, we really don't go anymore, I haven't been since the 50th in 2005, I don't really collect any Disney anymore either, beforehand I was a nutcase for all things Disney, paintings, pins, figurines etc.

I also read a lot more, though I never read while onboard, I guess I really just crave peace and quiet now. Previously I had no "special" feelings about the ocean, sure its pretty and all, but now when I get a glimpse, even just on the television, it brings back that "ahhhhh...." moment and my brain automatically lapses into a cruise memory.

But by far its the peace and quiet, I never had a reason to want it prior to cruising, probably because I never had it, now I treasure every second.

first off, the more I cruise the less I want to do anything else!!!

All I think about is when I can cruise again.

However, I'm still the hyper nut-case who needs a vacation from her vacation.

I want to try every activity and be everywhere. I can sit and relax for a few minutes at a time.

'the more i cruise... the less i'...

care what is in the capers... :cool:

i wouldn't say i ever was one to want to 'do everything'... and as you said, i certainly have never been 'a VERY critical and demanding passenger'...

but seriously... on vacation, i do what i want... that's what i do in my daily life...

i appreciate that there's plenty to do, but i never 'sweat it'...

just chill... :D

Interesting topic. I took to cruising with a vengeance. Before my Valor cruise last October I had only done a short Bahamas cruise in the early '90s. In the past year and a half I have taken nine cruises. I definitely do things different then I did. For one, I don't try to do too much. In fact I really don't do much at all on the ship. I love to lay out, but that is about it. I really don't do any activities anymore. My last cruise was on Oasis and the only thing I went to was an Adults Only Guitar Hero session (I am a videogame freak). My partner actually sat in the room one afternoon and watched a movie while I went up to the pools. He never would have done that a year ago.

We don't go to shows every night anymore. I will go to the big ones, but I don't care for the juggling acts, etc. We love the MDR and specialty restaurants, but I don't care if we just hit the pizza place for dinner every now and then. I also have no problem staying on the ship in ports I have been to a bunch (I recently skipped Nassau on the past cruise, Key West on another). Mainly, I don't try to find things to do at night. I am not a big club person anymore so a quiet night in the cabin or on our balcony happens frequently. there is more, but you get the idea.

The more I cruise, the less I pack. No desire to get dolled up in a gown or cocktail dress anymore. Nice slacks and top will do for elegant night, jeans for the rest. Just lookin' for some R&R and good food, maybe see some sights we haven't seen yet, and feel that motion of the ocean. :D

The more I cruise....the more I want to cruise more often:D Agree with everyone else, try to do some things, but sea days are for "chillaxin" (I always wanted to use that word:D) There is just no better vacation than a cruise.

Hey Charlotte neighbors....from Statesville!!

We also find that we don't want to be as "busy" on a cruise as we used to be. We don't try to fill each day like we did in the beginning. I used to look for an excursion or activity for each port day, now we plan one port day with something we want to do and just wait and see what we feel like doing for the rest.

We do like to make the main shows and comedy shows, and I had to strike a deal with DH that we skip dinner in the MDR at least once during the cruise.

I think knowing that we have many more cruises in our future has made us realize we don't have to do it "all" each and every time. Each cruise is very different for us.

The more I cruise, the less I want to do land-based vacations. We used to be huge AI vacationers - till our AI got destroyed in a hurricane, and we jumped on Liberty (after many, many years of not cruising). Since then, I can't even get the family to go to Disney, and we used to go each year!! This past Dec. we had to cancel our Dream Xmas cruise due to dd18's college schedule, and booked an AI in the Bahamas. We were soooo bored sitting at the same resort for 5 days! The minute we got home, booked Dream for the following December. :D

The more I cruise, the less I wanna work.

Hi, Everyone!

I'm curious ...

How have your interests/activities changed as you've cruised more and more?

Personally, I know that early on, my wife and I tried to cram every single minute with some sort of activity (from napkin folding to walk-a-miles) -- now, I just want a quiet place to hang out, enjoying the sea with a good book and a margarita. I've also mellowed out a lot. I used to be a VERY critical and demanding passenger, but nothing much seems to bother me anymore (hence, my "CalmCruiserNC" screenname). I might also just be getting older -- LOL!!

To answer my own question, the more I cruise, the less busy I wanna be.

So, have you changed as you've become a more seasoned cruiser? If so, how?

CalmCruiserNC

Tle more we cruise the less we pack but that is partially platinum and Carnival doing our laundry.

Do go to less shows. For example the legends show is rather boring after you have seen the same ones over and over.

Some of the islands we will take a quick stroll and go back on the ship.

We go more for the cruise and less for the islands.

Pretty much ignore the hype of shopping and the "wonderful art savings".

The more I cruise, the less I....

... care about big home improvement projects, because

... want to spend money on those home improvement projects, besides

... spend on my vacations, and

... end up packing or worrying about every little detail.

Cruising should be classified as money saving therapy. :D

I tend to pack less but I pack smarter.

I also tend to want to spend more time relaxing and not having to do everything. My ritual now includes a nap during sea days or if we leave port early.

The more I cruise

The less I want to go to all-inclusives

the more I want to take very long exotic cruises

The more I think 7 days is just not enough on a cruise

The more I aim to cruise 5 times a year

the more I want to see the world from a ship.

This is a GREAT topic, and it simply makes me realize I'm not the only one! Yep, the more I cruise, the less I need to do all the activities, and visit each and every port. Now, we rarely leave the ship, and though we DO hit most of the shows, it's not a must anymore. I think cruising has been a major factor in my health, and blood pressure being excellent, (at least for a guy my age) :D Now, if I can get my doctor to write a prescription for about 5 or 6 cruises a year, so I can write 'em off.....;)

"SKY"

Leaving on our 20th on Monday and I can't wait for a week of pure relaxation. I sleep in, read books, don't go to shows, hardly ever play bingo anymore.

It's not uncommon for us to stay on the ship in most ports. This cruise we have Your Time dining so that is going to be fun to try and is the only reason we're taking cloths for Elegant evening. The other evenings it's going to be capri's in the evening and shorts during the day.

Archived