Early seating now 5:30???

Qualicum

Just heard from a fellow cruiser that the early seating for dinner on the Legend Feb. 20/05, Panama crusie is now 5:30. When we booked with our TA, we were told 6:30. How can I possibly eat if I haven't had my before dinner martini and that doesn't happen at 4:30 pm!! Has anybody heard about this??

Just heard from a fellow cruiser that the early seating for dinner on the Legend Feb. 20/05, Panama crusie is now 5:30. When we booked with our TA, we were told 6:30. How can I possibly eat if I haven't had my before dinner martini and that doesn't happen at 4:30 pm!! Has anybody heard about this??

Hi

Just off the Legend 9/1/05 Panama cruise and the early seating for dinner is 5.30.

Regards

royhand.gif

Our Panama Canal cruise on the Brilliance was changed to 5:30 last April. But it was Easter week and there were a large number of kids on the cruise. If there are alot of kids and families that can't get early seating, they will change and move up the times sometimes to accomodate a large number of kids in late seating so they can eat earlier. Usually though, there aren't that many kids on a Panama Canal cruise..........

How about times on a Meditteranean cruise in May?

This may or may not still be in effect for this year, but last season in Europe, there were four dinner seatings:

6PM - lower level of dining room

7PM - upper level of dining room

9:30 - lower level of dining room

10PM - upper level of dining room

This was termed as an "experiment" that was done to accomodate the many European passengers who are accustomed to eating dinner much later that we do here in the US. It remains to be seen if they'll still be doing it this way for upcoming European cruises.

Does anyone know what the late seating is, if the early one is 5:30. We are assuming that it is 7:30. Is this a change from the norm? When we booked back in July, we were told the first seating was at 6:30. Have called my TA to see if we can change as suggested by RCCL. If she cannot do this, has anyone had experience changing times once you are onboard?

Hi,

We found the opposite! We had early seating for our N.E./Canada aboard the Jewel. Once on board we perfered the late seating, but no tables to be had.

Book early!

Happy Sailings:)

Hi,

We found the opposite! We had early seating for our N.E./Canada aboard the Jewel. Once on board we perfered the late seating, but no tables to be had.

Book early!

Happy Sailings:)

Many thanks! I guess we will just wait until onboard and see what we can do.

Only 23 more days!

isujim-Did you know about the time change for seating before you boarded or where you informed after you boarded? We are on the Brillance 10 day Panama Easter week this year. Would like to know.

Thanks Jean

I don't know about the rest of you, but we generally eat dinner around 5:30 5:45 most nights here at home. I can deal with a 5:30 dinner time on a cruise.

Our problem is we don't generally "live" on a cruise as we do at home. On a cruise we tend to sleep late, eat breakfast and lunch late and so are not ready for dinner at 5:30 or 6:00. However, sitting down to eat at 8:30 is rough because sometimes (particularly with a large table) you don't finish before 10 or later. I be quite pleased if they went to a little earlier time for the late seating.

The Brochure says seating times can vary. Has anyone checked with the cruise line for the Brilliance trip? If you are checking pls also confirm the # of formal & smart casual nights.. We plan several nights out of the main dining room so we can live with it--Would prefer 6 & 6:30 /7 would be ideal esp on port days. But we are finished with late seating & will just work with it.

• 1 month later...

Early seating last week on the BOS was at 5:30 and late seating was at 8:00 pm. We were on late seating and loved that 8:00 time vs. the usual 8:30 pm time for late seating.

Our waitstaff was very slow compared to the tables around us. We were not done some nights until about 10:00 PM. We asked him to speed things up a bit and then were getting done earlier about 9:30 or so, except for formal night which is always slower.

We liked the evenings the best when the show was after dinner at 10:30 or 10:45. There were quite a few evenings when the show was at 7:00 pm prior to dinner and we found this far less convenient. We love that time on the ship in the public areas when all the early seating people go off to get ready for dinner and we have the whole ship "to ourselves"! We are Diamond C&A members and also enjoyed the concierge club tremendously during the time between start of early seating dinner and when we needed to be ready for dinner. It was very crowded from 5:00 until 5:45 or so with early seating dinner guests.

Archived