Early seating now 5:30???

Qualicum

Just back from Legend of the Seas 2/20 sailing. We started out with early seating (5:30) but we changed after 4 days......just too much of a rush to get to dinner after excursions!! Had no problem changing, in fact there were lots of empty tables on 2nd seating(8:00). By the way just to let you know you can order about anything you want from room service even if it's not on the menu. We had eggs benedict, waffles or pancakes..just write what you want on the door hanger and it will be there!! We only ate one morning in the WindJammer and after all the pushing and grabbing decided to go back to room service which was GREAT!!

Just back from Brilliance 2/25 Panama. We were disappointed with the time change to 5:30. Were not told until we boarded. For us the difference of 30-45 minutes makes a difference. Eating at 8:00 was not an option either due to DH having medical problems. We were told that they changed the early seating time due to many elderly people on this particular cruise who requested. Not sure I believe this. We just ate in the Windjammer all except two evenings.

My documents for Brilliance April 8 show 5:30 main seating. Very disappointed in this time change. I doubt the story told to a previous poster about many elderly people requesting this time change, as if it was only on that cruise! Last week on the Vision, our early seating was at 6. We had the slowest dining service we have even encountered, not getting out until 7:45 to 7:55. So I am probably not going to change to 8PM seating, in case we get such slow service again. We may be eating serveral meals in the Windjammer.

We were told that it was just changed on the 2/25 Brilliance and that they were having many complaints and it probably would be changed back. That might account for why our cruise documents stated 6p.m.

Archived