How long does it take to disembark at Canada Place ?

aussie2324

We are on the Mercury for Alaska on the 5th September 2010. Friends will be meeting us at Canada Place to pick us up. Does anyone have any idea about how long it takes to disembark ? We won't be doing self assist as we will have 4 suitcases (we are from Australian and are also doing Hawaii on the Carnival Spirit) just incase anyone is wondering why so much luggage.:rolleyes: Any input would be helpful.

Thanks;)

We are on the Mercury for Alaska on the 5th September 2010. Friends will be meeting us at Canada Place to pick us up. Does anyone have any idea about how long it takes to disembark ? We won't be doing self assist as we will have 4 suitcases (we are from Australian and are also doing Hawaii on the Carnival Spirit) just incase anyone is wondering why so much luggage.:rolleyes: Any input would be helpful.

Thanks;)

Was about hour and a half after arrival that disembark started for us last year. Another ship arrived earlier than us, so that slowed ships clearance down. It will still take over an hour to get everyone off .. Your priority/request comes into play as well.

You will love the sail into Vancouver :D.

Maam,

In Canada as well the USA here it does depend upon different factoring. Clearing the Ship after inspection usually is fairly quick there.

The Cruise Line as well may be able to give you earlier disembarking if you have upgraded cabins.

On luggage that not a lot to some I have seen..

It used to be many Foot Lockers coming and going as well Sea Chests..

A lot of people now are using the Package Services as they are costing less than the darn expensive bloody airlines :mad: ...

Most of all may you have a great time on your cruises!

Thanks;)

Thanks;)

We did an Alaskan cruise last May, finishing at Vancouver. It took ages to disembark. We were told the ship arrived an hour late - how could we be an hour late arriving from Victoria? We were CC so supposed to have priority disembarkation, didn't happen. When we finally got off the ship, we found all the luggage had just been dumped in the luggage hall, no proper groupings of colours or numbers. The final irritation was them sending one of my cases to the airport for no reason & we had to wait until everybody else had cleared the hall with their luggage to prove mine wasn't still there. Our 2 days exploring Vancouver before flying back to London rapidly became 1 and a little bit!! Sorry about the rant, we had a fabulous cruise but the last day was a bit stressful (my suitcase turned up in our hotel room in the late evening)

We did an Alaskan cruise last May, finishing at Vancouver. It took ages to disembark. We were told the ship arrived an hour late - how could we be an hour late arriving from Victoria? We were CC so supposed to have priority disembarkation, didn't happen. When we finally got off the ship, we found all the luggage had just been dumped in the luggage hall, no proper groupings of colours or numbers. The final irritation was them sending one of my cases to the airport for no reason & we had to wait until everybody else had cleared the hall with their luggage to prove mine wasn't still there. Our 2 days exploring Vancouver before flying back to London rapidly became 1 and a little bit!! Sorry about the rant, we had a fabulous cruise but the last day was a bit stressful (my suitcase turned up in our hotel room in the late evening)

Oh boy, I hope this doesn't happen to us. We are doing a back to back and meeting family in Vancouver. We hope to get off the ship quickly (We are not CC class on the first part but will be on the second) do a little touring and return to the ship for our return trip to Seward. :eek:

Hi,

Like any other port of debarkation, may factors make it impossible to give you a time-accurate reply...

CoastGuard does its thing, Canadian customs does its thing, ships are cleared to start debark process, gangplanks set up, luggage offloading gets under way....:: ALL of these can be smooth or full of hassles. depending on a lot of circumstances, not the least of which is various authorities' representatives ...., shall we say.....''attitude'' or '' mood''.

Throw in the rare but possible suspicious finds before they clear the ship, mechanical issues preventing a timely docking procedure, high seas having slowed the ship down., etc.etc..

You get my point.

Having said all that ( I've worked shoreside at Canada Place Pier for a couple of years and spend a lot of time there anyways....); the average is :: ship docks ~~ 6;45am ;cleared to start debark process ~~7;20-30am; initial rush for early flights and other guests wanting off ''1st batch'' for whatever reasons; '' last call'' and last off ~~ 9;30am.

Luggage floor is pretty well organized and delays in locating pieces are somewhat rare; Canadian Customs will do things their way !!! Nothing on earth you can do to change that....!!!That's the only known source of

potential delay inside the terminal.

Again, the key word is average conditions.:rolleyes:

You ought to arrange a meet with your folks around 10.30am and you'll be 99% safe ( and perhaps already there when they arrive ), based on your request to disembark ''last off = independents''.

5th September is also late in the Alaska season: the routine is very smoothly carried out by that time. As well, there is only one other ship in port that day ( HAL's Statendam) so ''heavy volume'' will not be a factor.

Cheers

:)

Archived