iPad as backup photo/image bank?

Photos from the sd card are incredibly easy to upload. You can choose to delete them off of the card or not to. I am using my iPad not so much as a backup for the photos but more as a convenient hi-def viewer, although it will do a fine job a backup, as it does not appear to downgrade the photos at all.

You cannot transfer them back to the sd card, but have to hook the iPad back to the computer which is easy enough, straight into my photoshop organizer. I can also email them if it's only a few pictures, or want to share them with others right from the iPad.

The camera connection also connects using a USB, and you can connect a surprising number of USB items to it, a keyboard, camera, external hard drive, etc.

Neat toy.

You are joking right that you are telling us that this is a good backup device. It is an incredibly expensive and limited capacity device. For the price of the iPad one can almost buy 500GB of flash storage.

As a cool, very good and very expensive photo displayer it has no equal!

For touch screen web surfing no equal!

As a general purpose it ain't even close nor a value.

After throwing all those stones, I will still likely get one next year when the second round comes and can pick up a 32GB for 299 or something. Sorry 499 just buys too much laptop to consider an iPad just yet, but in a year I can't wait to show of my pictures on it too. :D

Photos from the sd card are incredibly easy to upload. You can choose to delete them off of the card or not to. I am using my iPad not so much as a backup for the photos but more as a convenient hi-def viewer, although it will do a fine job a backup, as it does not appear to downgrade the photos at all.

You cannot transfer them back to the sd card, but have to hook the iPad back to the computer which is easy enough, straight into my photoshop organizer. I can also email them if it's only a few pictures, or want to share them with others right from the iPad.

The camera connection also connects using a USB, and you can connect a surprising number of USB items to it, a keyboard, camera, external hard drive, etc.

Neat toy.

Where did I say go buy it as a backup device? If you happen to have one, it works great. It also works great as a web browser, media player, gaming platform, and so on.

Don't like ipads, don't buy one. Can't afford one, wait. But I haven't seen too many people who have them not like them, and I personally have shown mine off and sold a half dozen to those people.

Someone wanted to know how it worked with the camera attachment. I answered.

Archived